Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 10:13 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,417,042 times

Advertisements

I was browsing online for part time jobs. I came across the Apple Care At Home Advisor. I filled out the application figuring it would be a good fit since I have a disability and I can work from home.

I submitted my resume yesterday. They called me today. The position has 5 weeks of training at 40 hours a week making $13-$15 a hour. After that, you are required to work at least 20 hours a week from home. The guy told me that you will get all the benefits that Apple employees received.

Now, you must know the based technical of computers, Wifi, Bluetooth and some Apple products. They will also ask you how to handle certain customer service problems.

Go to the Apple website and apply. It's an amazing position for anyone that would like to work from home. It's only in certain states so everyone can't apply.

Apple - Jobs at Apple - Search Results
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 03:30 PM

723 posts, read 2,192,836 times
Yes this is what they decided to do after EVERYONE complained about their move of customer service to India. I think it's great; I love talking to those guys.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:42 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,417,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald_octane View Post
Yes this is what they decided to do after EVERYONE complained about their move of customer service to India. I think it's great; I love talking to those guys.
I think Dell is having the same problem. I bought a Dell 5 years ago. I experienced great customer service. Well, I purchased Dell computer recently and dealing with their customer service makes you feel like you've been ran over by a mac truck. It's so stressful getting them to resolve anything. I won't be purchasing another Dell until they fix their horrible customer service.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:20 PM

392 posts, read 998,214 times
Can you let me know how the job has been going?

GF just told me she had a interview etc kinda curious if there is any room for advancement etc.

Old 10-12-2012, 10:22 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,136,991 times
Personally I think there are more cons than pros. Its a high burn out job with an extremely high turnover rate. Almost Impossible metrics that must be met. Apple does massive hiring for this area because so many people quit or get fired. Apple wants perfection and if you dont meet it, then there is a long line of people wanting to take your job.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:31 AM

392 posts, read 998,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
Personally I think there are more cons than pros. Its a high burn out job with an extremely high turnover rate. Almost Impossible metrics that must be met. Apple does massive hiring for this area because so many people quit or get fired. Apple wants perfection and if you dont meet it, then there is a long line of people wanting to take your job.
Pretty much what I figured from what little I could find with a few Google searches. She was just so excited about working for Apple and I was thinking in the back of my head not sure this is something worth getting excited about/keep looking for a better job.

Old 10-19-2012, 08:11 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,136,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeAtMe View Post
Pretty much what I figured from what little I could find with a few Google searches. She was just so excited about working for Apple and I was thinking in the back of my head not sure this is something worth getting excited about/keep looking for a better job.
The company deeply frowns upon employees talking about the job. That is why you will see chatter of people excited they got an interview and then....crickets. Never to be heard from again. ya..tell your wife to keep looking.

Old 11-12-2013, 02:57 PM

1 posts, read 9,317 times
I can't find the link to apply, I have been all over that site several times. One of the links above did not work. Thanks!

Old 11-12-2013, 03:38 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,495,519 times
The Apple link: Apple - Jobs at Apple - Apple At-Home Advisor Pro (us)

Old 11-12-2013, 03:45 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,082,144 times
Probably get paid based on strict customer service air time. Sounds rough...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment