U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 05-22-2012, 09:21 PM
 
Location: Tennessee/Michigan
25,205 posts, read 31,383,930 times
Reputation: 15496

Advertisements

Would you do this job for ten dollars an hour Climbing cell towers? For myself no way. I wouldn't even do it for 30.00 an hour because I hate heights.


In the spring of 2008, AT&T was racing to roll out a new cell phone network to deliver music, video and online games at faster speeds.

The network, known as 3G, was crucial to the companyís fortunes. AT&Tís cell service had been criticized by customers for its propensity to drop calls, a problem compounded when the company became the sole carrier for the iPhone.

In Race For Better Cell Service, Men Who Climb Towers Pay With Their Lives - ProPublica
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-23-2012, 01:57 AM
 
888 posts, read 430,344 times
Reputation: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Would you do this job for ten dollars an hour Climbing cell towers? For myself no way. I wouldn't even do it for 30.00 an hour because I hate heights.


In the spring of 2008, AT&T was racing to roll out a new cell phone network to deliver music, video and online games at faster speeds.

The network, known as 3G, was crucial to the companyís fortunes. AT&Tís cell service had been criticized by customers for its propensity to drop calls, a problem compounded when the company became the sole carrier for the iPhone.

In Race For Better Cell Service, Men Who Climb Towers Pay With Their Lives - ProPublica

another example of how being Non-union...........can literally get you KILLED
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2012, 08:30 AM
 
5,102 posts, read 5,219,364 times
Reputation: 7437
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
another example of how being Non-union...........can literally get you KILLED

Did you not read the article or did you not understand it?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2012, 11:30 AM
 
888 posts, read 430,344 times
Reputation: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe from dayton View Post
Did you not read the article or did you not understand it?

Totally. I have seen "subcontractors" in my field. Underpaid,scared to lose their job,they take stupid unsafe risks,usually forced upon them by their bosses who only care about money.While I, being in a union,can bring pressure to bear making my workplace and work rules as safe as possible..........
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top