Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 05:13 PM

29,628 posts, read 24,644,961 times

Advertisements

Yup, it's that bad. I have been saying it for awhile, but I think people just want to "believe" that things are getting better. Kinda like that whole "hopey changey" crap that got this bone head in office. Don't want to burst bubbles, so I leave it at that. Inflation, 30 years of stagnant wages, lack of the credit (fuel) needed to boost GDP in such conditions... Many many many more systemic problems. Jobs reports are just the symptoms of the problems that are decades in the making. Glad I have a job, but I'm no fool. Could be gone tomorrow. The same can be said for nearly every employee, and even business owner.

Go ahead and blame globalism, but start paying attention to what going on overseas. I don't think China is in a very healthy position these days, and Brazil and Australia are going to be the main indicators of this. Brazil ain't lookin so pretty these days. Australia's got some serious real estate bubble issues. Flush the toilet, rinse, wash, and when the elite figure out how to rig the game in their favor once more, repeat. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2012, 11:58 AM

1,761 posts, read 2,594,506 times
so where is that silver linining?

Old 06-02-2012, 12:32 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,283,896 times
I work in an industry that is affected by the economic situations - and the #1 thing that is on everyone's mind is insurance costs
... and what is Obamacare going to do to the companies. In my mind - the WORST thing that affected this economy was them jamming that through. bad timing, I know we had to do something with the health insurance but what they came up with was the wrong thing to do at the wrong time. I think we would have been in a better state of recover if it were not for the uncertainty of the bill that they did not know WHAT was in it. Thus no one knows exactly WHAT is going to happen.
That and what is going on with the euro is going to have an effect for a while.

Old 06-02-2012, 12:59 PM

878 posts, read 1,647,339 times
So here we are 4 years later and I have to ask.... did you Obama lovers get the change you were hoping for?

Old 06-02-2012, 01:02 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,889,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC2k11 View Post
So here we are 4 years later and I have to ask.... did you Obama lovers get the change you were hoping for?

Perhaps the slogan should have been "After 3 years of me, you'll be left with no hope and just a little pocket change".

Last edited by bobtn; 06-02-2012 at 01:21 PM..

Old 06-02-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post

Perhaps the slogan should have been "After 3 years of me, you'll be left with no hope and just a little pocket change".
1/20/2013 - Change we can believe in

Or how about... You can keep the hope, I'll keep the change.

This country wouldn't survive 4 more years of this nonsense. He can take Pelosi with him if he really wants to do the country any benefit. These fools are making the U.S. the laughingstock of the world.

Their only hope is to create yet another useless bubble that contributes nothing to the world, and clap like idiots at their accomplishment. I think we are all out of bubbles unfortunately...

Old 06-02-2012, 03:29 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,889,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I think we are all out of bubbles unfortunately...

That may not be a bad thing. Whatever the new normal is, we need to adapt to it, and artificial bubbles are like training wheels on a bike. Until removed, honestly, you have no clue as to whether the child can ride a bike.

Could the kid fall and scrap a knee? Sure. But that is better than never knowing whether he/she can ride.

Old 06-02-2012, 03:36 PM

386 posts, read 1,050,123 times
Geeez, lots of Obama haters on here. Lets not forget it was a republic president who wiped out a democratic surplus, got us into two wars, and did nothing to help the economy grow except continue to give tax cuts to the rich and outsource jobs...

Old 06-02-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parttimetechie View Post
Geeez, lots of Obama haters on here. Lets not forget it was a republic president who wiped out a democratic surplus, got us into two wars, and did nothing to help the economy grow except continue to give tax cuts to the rich and outsource jobs...
Nobody says those bafoons are any better. The whole system stinks of corruption, lies, crooked dealings, etc. Like I have often said, the problems we face today were 30 years in the making. When income disparity is on par with Mexico, you know there is going to be trouble down the road...

Old 06-02-2012, 04:16 PM

24 posts, read 42,207 times
Well... May - June is graduation month.

New grads are just coming in... you're bound to see unemployment rate to increase around this time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment