Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 05:03 AM

444 posts, read 582,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
I did this for an investment banking position since the individuals who referred said I still had to apply online.

When i received the "we've chosen other candidates" email, they simply told me that was the system letting me know they received me resume.

What??
not true - it means they closed the position.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2014, 05:05 AM

Default Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I like Taleo. It's a little annoying that you have to enter stuff that you've already shared with the employer. But it has a nice system that helps track the status of everything. And by the time I've been asked to enter information into Taleo, I know that I'm being seriously considered.
nope. your keywords are being ranked against the job description and if your resume does not match the recruiter won't manually review your resume.

Old 11-10-2014, 05:46 AM

Default Taleo Sucks

5 Insider Secrets for Beating Applicant Tracking Systems | CIO

Old 11-10-2014, 07:39 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,138,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavySeal77 View Post
nope. your keywords are being ranked against the job description and if your resume does not match the recruiter won't manually review your resume.
I hardly doubt that. They already know enough from the first interview about whether they want to move forward. I've been offered every job where the manager has asked me to work with hr or teleo directly. It makes everything easy to track for them and me.

Old 11-10-2014, 09:28 AM

1,149 posts, read 1,591,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
The system works just fine for the employers' needs, which is all that matters to them.
Not for all of them. I was talking to a former employer of mine who just switched to Taleo and they said they can only see the top 5 candidates Taleo recommends and they can't even get to the others. I don't know if this is a Taleo problem or maybe they just haven't figured it out yet, but it definitely doesn't guarantee they see the best candidates.

Old 11-10-2014, 10:34 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,427,673 times
Well it seems like every other aspect of the hiring process is BS why not use BS software as well.

Old 11-10-2014, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
Well it seems like every other aspect of the hiring process is BS why not use BS software as well.
BS software to go with BS candidates... Guess you think two wrongs make a right...

Last edited by NJBest; 11-10-2014 at 11:20 AM..

Old 11-10-2014, 11:33 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
I hardly doubt that. They already know enough from the first interview about whether they want to move forward. I've been offered every job where the manager has asked me to work with hr or teleo directly. It makes everything easy to track for them and me.
Don't companies have you apply with Teleo first unless you saw them at a job fair or other hiring event like an open-house? That means that most times before you actually get the call to actually meet with the company, you submitted your resume, cover letter, and all other relevant information to the company and take a somewhat unrelated assessment to see if you are a fit or not.

Old 11-10-2014, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Don't companies have you apply with Teleo first unless you saw them at a job fair or other hiring event like an open-house? That means that most times before you actually get the call to actually meet with the company, you submitted your resume, cover letter, and all other relevant information to the company and take a somewhat unrelated assessment to see if you are a fit or not.
I never apply online. I've found that to be less effective. I stick to traditional methods.

Old 11-10-2014, 12:10 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,427,673 times
Quote:
BS software to go with BS candidates... Guess you think two wrongs make a right...
I'm just saying every other aspect of hiring now a days it totally Fed up why should the software be any different?

We have bigoted and cerebrally challenged HR people making decisions about hiring for positions they don't understand
Quackery psychometric tests marketed by charlatans
Software that designed and functions is so badly that it makes the original Healthcare.gov look good
Hiring managers basing their decisions based on shallow reasons like who they want to hang out with
And finally we have companies claiming they can't find qualified candidates.

It is one big circle jerk.

Last edited by MSchemist80; 11-10-2014 at 12:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment