Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 09:50 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times

Advertisements

I usually find a company is on the downhill slide when they start having a tons of 'meetings' and their 'meetings' become more important than the work that is actually done.

Time to get out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2012, 11:40 AM

3,276 posts, read 7,843,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post

Sheesh! With all the modern technology today, all the alternative ways of disseminating info to workers, why gather human beings into a meeting, like it was still the middle ages!

Any one else have to deal with this madness?
I usually daydream or doodle on a sheet of paper, pretending to take notes, during boring meetings...

One guy always sleeps in the corner and nobody says anything. I've always found that funny.

Old 06-23-2012, 11:44 AM

3,276 posts, read 7,843,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Corporate America summed up in one short post... one can be a useless bum or criminally insane, but if the right clowns at the top like you, you've got a job for life.

It is disgraceful.
On the flip side, if you work harder and are more competent than your co-workers, but the slobs at the top dislike you for some reason (usually it's because you keep to yourself and don't bother with office politics), your days are numbered.

Old 06-23-2012, 01:03 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,032,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statisticsnerd View Post
On the flip side, if you work harder and are more competent than your co-workers, but the slobs at the top dislike you for some reason (usually it's because you keep to yourself and don't bother with office politics), your days are numbered.
So true... so very, very true...

Old 06-23-2012, 01:53 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,276,724 times
OP,

Does your job have a corporate office? Perhaps you can complain anonymously?

Realistically, if a business is open 24/7, it is almost impossible to accommodate everyone when it concerns administrative things. One group is going to have to suffer.

OP, you sound like you have "short-timers" syndrome. Why even worry about this now?

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Old 06-23-2012, 02:39 PM

833 posts, read 1,713,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I usually find a company is on the downhill slide when they start having a tons of 'meetings' and their 'meetings' become more important than the work that is actually done.

Time to get out!
Great observation !

I agree.

Old 06-23-2012, 03:05 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,612,994 times
If you don't "have" to go, then it is not mandatory.

Old 06-23-2012, 09:04 PM

23,218 posts, read 29,034,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statisticsnerd View Post
Exactly! I've scratched my head too many times in the 10 years I've worked there: those that continually come in late and are not reprimanded, those that do their rounds once during the nightshift instead of twice, those that quickly get approved for time off vs. those that have to fight for it, those who sleep on the job vs. those that would never consider doing it, those that have a regular habit of calling in sick vs. those that never call off.

Personality clashes will always be overlooked as to your continuing or discontinued employment. The big changes generally occur when a new Dirctor of Nurses or Administrator is hired. The former ones may have looked at you like as a god, the new ones may view you as the devil.

I haven't called off sick in 7 years, but that's no feather in my cap today in this work world. You call in sick and that leaves 3 CNA's to handle 98 patients at night, so that also means that person calling in sick saved the company money! So, will I eventually lose my job some day because I didn't call in sick more often to save the company more money?

Old 06-23-2012, 09:45 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,966,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Exactly! I've scratched my head too many times in the 10 years I've worked there: those that continually come in late and are not reprimanded, those that do their rounds once during the nightshift instead of twice, those that quickly get approved for time off vs. those that have to fight for it, those who sleep on the job vs. those that would never consider doing it, those that have a regular habit of calling in sick vs. those that never call off.

Personality clashes will always be overlooked as to your continuing or discontinued employment. The big changes generally occur when a new Dirctor of Nurses or Administrator is hired. The former ones may have looked at you like as a god, the new ones may view you as the devil.

I haven't called off sick in 7 years, but that's no feather in my cap today in this work world. You call in sick and that leaves 3 CNA's to handle 98 patients at night, so that also means that person calling in sick saved the company money! So, will I eventually lose my job some day because I didn't call in sick more often to save the company more money?
Are those calling in sick getting paid sick pay?

Old 06-24-2012, 12:26 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
This doesn't sound right. From what I know of the hospital environment, they do everything 3 times, once for each shift.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment