Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 08:42 PM

819 posts, read 3,208,145 times

Advertisements

IF you had that much drama with them previously, why would you want to work there again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 10:36 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,999,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdotAllen View Post
IF you had that much drama with them previously, why would you want to work there again?
After 12 years, all of the tyrants are long gone. New ppl are in control. I don't think that the same culture would dominate there in this time.

Old 07-24-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
After 12 years, all of the tyrants are long gone. New ppl are in control. I don't think that the same culture would dominate there in this time.
I just phoned her yesterday. she said that I'm still being considered and has not finished the phone interviews yet. She apparently has fallen behind. They are going to set up the face to face interviews next week.

Old 07-24-2012, 02:07 PM

3,644 posts, read 10,939,818 times
Sometimes, people are blacklisted because of things that they did on the job that were not discovered until months after they left the company.

Case in point - at one of my previous jobs, I was hired to replace someone - I was the 3rd replacement in a year for that original employee. Shortly after I was hired, he attempted to be rehired but was informed that he was 'not eligible for rehire'. Several of his friends around the office speculated that it was because the new manager (who hired me) was 'jealous' or 'threatened' by the prior employee.

Nope. The prior employee hadn't deleted his email folders. Or the sent files. And I had spent my lunchtime for the first month or so reading some very entertaining emails, both sent and received. I ended up turning them over to my boss, as some of the current employees were part of the email chains and he was considering one for promotion.

What happened stayed between the manager and I... prior employee was 'blacklisted' as 'not eligible for rehire', and his buddy was passed over for the promotion. I kept it to myself, mostly. A VP at a client's office asked me one day, off the record, for particulars, as the prior employee had applied for a position for them. He said he was surprised, as the guy was well liked. I didn't go into specifics, but told him that when you're leaving a company, you should delete your email "Sent" folder, and not just the "Inbox". He was not hired by the client either.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post
Sometimes, people are blacklisted because of things that they did on the job that were not discovered until months after they left the company.

Case in point - at one of my previous jobs, I was hired to replace someone - I was the 3rd replacement in a year for that original employee. Shortly after I was hired, he attempted to be rehired but was informed that he was 'not eligible for rehire'. Several of his friends around the office speculated that it was because the new manager (who hired me) was 'jealous' or 'threatened' by the prior employee.

Nope. The prior employee hadn't deleted his email folders. Or the sent files. And I had spent my lunchtime for the first month or so reading some very entertaining emails, both sent and received. I ended up turning them over to my boss, as some of the current employees were part of the email chains and he was considering one for promotion.

What happened stayed between the manager and I... prior employee was 'blacklisted' as 'not eligible for rehire', and his buddy was passed over for the promotion. I kept it to myself, mostly. A VP at a client's office asked me one day, off the record, for particulars, as the prior employee had applied for a position for them. He said he was surprised, as the guy was well liked. I didn't go into specifics, but told him that when you're leaving a company, you should delete your email "Sent" folder, and not just the "Inbox". He was not hired by the client either.
Isn't that what you call "corporate backstabbing"? Thanks for reminding me what life in an office was like.

Old 07-26-2012, 03:29 PM

3,644 posts, read 10,939,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Isn't that what you call "corporate backstabbing"? Thanks for reminding me what life in an office was like.
IMO, if you're dumb enough to send emails (via a company, shared email program) laughing about what you DON'T do, where you hid the paperwork you were SUPPOSED to do (but since you're going to give notice in 2 months, why bother)... and insulting that new manager and mocking him... you really get what you deserve.

I'm grateful to the guy though for referencing where that hidden paperwork was - made me look like a real hero for finding it. I didn't rat him out to the client (just my boss) but I did present the client with the finished work... he was shocked, "That was supposed to be archived and stamped a YEAR ago... if we'd been audited in that time, we'd have faced HUGE fines. Thank you"... and the bonus that I got that paycheck was nice.

Now, if that guy had done his job, as he was paid to do (rather than stealing company funds while pretending to work for the last 10 weeks of his employment), I wouldn't have had anything to "backstab" him with.

I no longer work in an office either - I got tired of having to make up for others NOT doing their jobs, as they were paid to do - and getting paid the same as they were. Now, when my "co-workers" mess up, I rat them out right away - and since I work from home, it's not personal. I've never met them. I'm ONLY judging them by their work (or lack of attention to detail, in this case).

What you call "backstabbing", I call being "conscientious" and "not causing our clients to be shut down by government agencies formed to protect people from laziness and greed".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment