Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2012, 08:39 PM

2 posts, read 3,517 times

Advertisements

Okay well I wOrk at a factory that makes hard wood flooring and everyone that works in my department has a production of a hundred square feet to meet weekly. It's a sanding job. My first week goes bye and I didn't meet production along with everybody else. We all get our flooring out of theSe bundles I got curious and asked my boss how many square feet was in a bundle and he told me 3 square feet. I asked so I would have a idea on how much that I would need to do. Well after thinking a few many after that there is no way that there is just that much so today I took every board out and measure it myself and it's actually 23 square foot a bundle what should I do? Cause at that rate I would only have to do five to meet production anything after that your suppose to get a certain amount for every foot extra you do which could be easily accomplished. I just don't want to be screwed out of money that I really work hard for and actually do any suggestions please help I have no idea what to do thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2012, 09:20 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,137,120 times
He told you it is 3 and it is really 23? Any chance you just didn't hear him correctly?

Old 07-18-2012, 01:05 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,684,678 times
ask your boss to help you understand the measurements be ause you are unclear. Show him how you measured and what you believe he said and just ask if you have allyour information correct because it doesn't make sense to you....

Old 07-18-2012, 02:02 PM

2 posts, read 3,517 times
The production chart shows that it's 3 I actually measured it myself and it was 23

Old 07-18-2012, 02:14 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,834,574 times
Before you claim, or make any accusations against mgmt, get his info first. Act like you are really trying hard to get that bonus pay. Have him explain in detail how he measures it, and what criteria he uses. Also, get a written statement, from HR, or handbook, stating that you will get paid a bonus after you complete 100 sq ft.
Personally, I find 100 sq ft a very small production requirement for 5 8 hour days, think about it, thats about 2.5 sq ft per hour, an area that is onl 30" wide by 12" long.
Not sure, but in my personal opinion, I think there is some misinterpretation of the facts, and rather than lose your job for making a false accusation, it would behoove you to get him to show you. "Only Stupid Question is,,, The One Not Asked"

Old 07-18-2012, 05:35 PM

3,041 posts, read 5,000,435 times
There's no way they are confusing 3 sq ft with 23 sq ft. Are you sure it's not 3 sq yards, or 27 sq ft? And you are expected to do 100 sq yards per day?

Either way, it's best to ask your boss before going above his head. What can you possibly gain by going above him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment