Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2012, 04:19 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,680,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
What's wrong with having a one page written history of fast food experience?
Because its like putting on a tuxedo to eat a TV dinner. Youd wear it to a wedding or an elegant restaurant, but you wouldnt put it on to sit at home and have a Manwich night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 04:41 PM

644 posts, read 1,144,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Yep, how true: If you're out of work or not an EXACT match for the job, you won't even get past the resume filter system... unless, of course, if you're the boss's kid or something... then, you don't have to know anything and you've got a job for live... ugh...
That's why there's so many people with jobs. I'm not saying everybody who has a job can't do it, but I see so many who are so incompetent and can't do the simple things that are a huge part of their job description.

Old 07-25-2012, 10:41 PM

640 posts, read 1,214,349 times
I really don't want to hear from bozo employers complaining about not finding workers. Especially the ones who pay their entire staff minimum wage. It is your requirements, not that people are lazy and selfish. You want huge resumes for a job that teenagers did years ago. Bottom line is, drop your insane requirements, cut the BS, and you will find applicants. Also get off your lazy bum and make a 2 minute phone call to schedule an interview with someone. You are the lazy selfish one, not applicants. Resume required to work at my sweat shop!

Last edited by silenthelpreturns; 07-25-2012 at 10:49 PM..

Old 07-25-2012, 10:49 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,983,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
Because its like putting on a tuxedo to eat a TV dinner. Youd wear it to a wedding or an elegant restaurant, but you wouldnt put it on to sit at home and have a Manwich night.

For a fast food place it would be very brief and just show you have worked in fast food before without including a "career summary" or "accomplishments"

Old 07-25-2012, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenthelpreturns View Post
I really don't want to hear from bozo employers complaining about not finding workers. Especially the ones who pay their entire staff minimum wage. It is your requirements, not that people are lazy and selfish. You want huge resumes for a job that teenagers did years ago. Bottom line is, drop your insane requirements, cut the BS, and you will find applicants. Also get off your lazy bum and make a 2 minute phone call to schedule an interview with someone. You are the lazy selfish one, not applicants. Resume required to work at my sweat shop!
See this is what people don't want to know about this recession. Employers complain more than the unemployed does. They complain, yet they are the ones with the power to change the rules of the game if they wanted to. Like you said, they need to cut all the unnecessary bullsh_t for most of these jobs. Employers continue to make it harder and harder for anybody to get a job nowadays. Things do not have to be so complicated.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:32 PM

93 posts, read 170,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.B.C.420 View Post
I noticed that most of the managers I had to call had the slackest hours. You are LUCKY enough to even get in touch with them to speak with them. There was a time long ago where you could just walk into a place, told the person in the front to speak with the manager, the manager was always available, spoke with you for about 5 minutes, offered you a job, and ya'll shook hands to finalize it. Nowadays it's much more complicated. Even the receptionist/secretary/administrative assistants give you hard time to even reach the manager. How are they getting anything done when they are only working 2-4 hours?(Yes in this town the managers are the slackest...how they even got these jobs is beyond me.)

I remember, I called Amazon this past week because I had a few questions. I never set up an interview online before and I had some questions about it also, I called the recruitment center and the manager made me talk to the SECURITY GUARD...what the hell?! The person who was responsible for interviews was so secretive, but if a person doesn't know what they are doing or they have concerns...how are they supposed to get them answered? smdh The security guard was like, "Umm....I don't know...ummm...well...ummm...."

What is up with this nowadays? Why is it so exclusive to speak with the people who are responsible for the hiring process?
Tell me about it!!!, Geeze!!!, before my interview yesterday at Goodwill, my last job interview was at a Movie Theater last month on June 14th, at the end of the interview, he said he would be calling everyone, literally, and i have made my share of follow-up phone calls, and the hiring-manager for that movie theater has never been available when i called, and i even have left messages for the assistant managers, they have told me they would leave him a message, and he still has never got back to me, seriously, it really angers me, pisses me off, well i've already taken the hint that i did not get hired, for me, it's one thing to not get a response back from an employer after submitting a job application, it's another not getting a response back after an interview.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8HumanResources View Post
Tell me about it!!!, Geeze!!!, before my interview yesterday at Goodwill, my last job interview was at a Movie Theater last month on June 14th, at the end of the interview, he said he would be calling everyone, literally, and i have made my share of follow-up phone calls, and the hiring-manager for that movie theater has never been available when i called, and i even have left messages for the assistant managers, they have told me they would leave him a message, and he still has never got back to me, seriously, it really angers me, pisses me off, well i've already taken the hint that i did not get hired, for me, it's one thing to not get a response back from an employer after submitting a job application, it's another not getting a response back after an interview.
I usually give employers 3-5 business days to make their decision, but I usually get concerned by the third day though and call. I call right after applying anyway.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:23 PM

93 posts, read 170,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.B.C.420 View Post
I usually give employers 3-5 business days to make their decision, but I usually get concerned by the third day though and call. I call right after applying anyway.
i hate how the hiring-managers are never available and they never get back to you even when you leave a message

Old 07-26-2012, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8HumanResources View Post
i hate how the hiring-managers are never available and they never get back to you even when you leave a message
I feel like sometimes employers do it on purpose. I feel like it's a sick game playing with people and their situation. smdh

Old 07-27-2012, 08:08 AM

640 posts, read 1,214,349 times
Bottom line the job hunting process itself and what it's become is why we still have loads of unemployed people even though there are jobs out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment