U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 05:13 PM

1,424 posts, read 845,112 times
Default Any good, LEGITIMATE work online sites?

Does anyone who goes on the internet and make money? What are some good sites I should try out?

I know Amazon Mechanical Turk, but only make less than pennies every time I use the site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 05:34 PM

7,382 posts, read 4,570,899 times
Might help to say what you do.

Old 07-21-2012, 10:54 PM

5,799 posts, read 5,763,059 times
Are you looking for an actual job or random tasks to make money?

If you're looking for an online job there are several legitimate companies that hire call center employees to work from home. I know people who work for Alpine Access and they seem to be pretty good, but I know there are others.

Old 07-21-2012, 11:26 PM

6,765 posts, read 4,529,816 times
Short answer, no.

Old 11-03-2012, 06:30 PM

1,303 posts, read 2,259,527 times
Sounds interesting Darlene! You are in Cleveland just like me! Tell everyone more about your company, this sounds like a great opportunity!

Old 05-12-2013, 04:59 AM

1,226 posts, read 1,310,406 times
cmon there HAS to be something!!

Old 05-12-2013, 06:31 AM

6,765 posts, read 4,529,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
Sounds interesting Darlene! You are in Cleveland just like me! Tell everyone more about your company, this sounds like a great opportunity!
1. Who's Darlene?

2. Who else in this thread is from Cleveland just like you?

Old 05-12-2013, 06:45 AM

2,797 posts, read 3,204,120 times
There's been a few threads on this topic on this board. But I always like hearing what others say because asking about LEGIT work at home work seems to be he million dollar question! I think everyone's so sick of working for someone else these days. I know a couple of people who make money from blogging, but I personally don't know squat about it. I think I'll start learning how to get into it though. I also sure woulnd't mind having a customer service or call center job making at least $12/hour from home!

I'm so sick of working for someone else & having to drive to work, that if I could succeed & live comfortably doing 2 or 3 work at home gigs, I'd seriously not care about doing any other work & I'm working on a 2nd Masters degree, but I don't care. I'd rather work at home!

My mother has started something that's really great, but it takes time like anything else. This summer when I'm off from work, I plan to really hit the ground running & help her with it. If anyone wants to PM me to ask what it's about, please do so! This is a way to get RESIDUAL money & honestly, once I do well enough in it, I'm quitting any jobs I may have driving to work & working for someone else!

Old 05-13-2013, 05:45 AM

7,360 posts, read 6,946,683 times
i've come across a few legitimate work from home jobs (i'm actually doing a phone interview one in a couple of hours!), but they are not generally at places that are hiring a ton of people. just places that have 1 opening. you might want to look at popular websites' careers sections for customer service jobs. that seems like the most common kind of opening. and for those jobs they often want people who are already familiar with the site, so they don't advertise anywhere but there.

i did do lionsbridge for a while, that's a thing where you rate search results and things like that to double check the algorithms of search engines. it's legitimate, and pays ok. but i rarely had a steady stream of work, and you only get paid for the time you are actually doing work. the hourly wage didn't come out to much when i was working for 5 minutes and then sitting and waiting for more work for 15! still, i have a feeling that if you worked during business hours, and/or in the middle of the night, there might be more work to go around. i was working after my 9-5 job and i think a lot of people are online at that time.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:03 AM

161 posts, read 117,445 times
Ditto on Lionbridge, Leapforce and Butler Hill for search rating companies. Then, there is support.com for tech support stuff. I think Kelly services is another legitimate option. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment