Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2012, 05:22 AM

29,817 posts, read 24,898,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
They don't convert equally...
1 AUD = 1.0529 USD

Currency AUD:USD

Being that the US it taking measures to basically destroy the dollar, expect the exchange rate to continue to move in their favor.

So yea, Australian minimum wage is around double.

Old 07-31-2012, 05:37 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,634,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Agreed - rarely do you see somebody so wonderfully sum up the "I've got mine, so to heck with you!" mentality that is killing this nation... Surprised it wasn't topped off with some more bashing of the unemployed or claiming that "a positive attitude" or eliminating all social safety nets will magically bring the jobs back! Ah, well... someday the facts will prevail and folks like that will end up in the same situation as the people they mock today.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:17 AM

5,522 posts, read 10,197,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
And you can bet any interviewer is picking up on the bitterness, and that will deep six his chances, as it should.
Blah blah blah.

What is this, the 15th time Ive said this to you? Ive been offered just about every job Ive interviewed for, likely including the job I just interviewed for.

You should just change your name to Straw Man.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkie View Post
Well, personally I don't know if I'd go that far. I try to give folks the benefit of the doubt, even the ones I don't agree with. I agree that his rationale and viewpoints displayed in this thread are far-fetched and radical. But they are just that: formidable views. They can change if he just gets the right encouragement and guidance. Just my thoughts.

My views will NEVER change no matter what happens to me.

It is people like you, bobtn, Pacific Flights and a couple others who continuously try to personalize my general views.

I never once make it about me, until people like you, make it about me. People like you are so selfish and myopic (Pacific Flights has already pointed out that he could care less about anyone else), that its beyond you that a person could actually detach themself from their own personal situation in their criticism of the economy or anything else.

Just look through this thread. YOU are the one who made it about me. YOU are the one that shifted the conversation from my original point, that NOBODY should be indebted at birth, to my personal situation.

That is what consistently happens. For some reason I continue to follow you and your ilk in to that spiral, but not again. After this, when you or your ilk decide to make a macro comment/observation/view, in to a micro criticism of me, Im simply going to say "This isnt about me".

It wont shut people like bobtn up, he has no other goal but to personally insult me, and only the moderators can deal with him, but maybe it will shut you up.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Right. And hopefully he'll gain that understanding eventually and get on the right path so he can accomplish what he wants to accomplish. Life is too short to spend it bitter and cynical. Set out and do what you want to do is my philosophy.

My goal is to change the game, not conform to it. Not only is conforming to the BS that exists right now completely against everything I believe, but its pointless as well.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:44 AM

3,082 posts, read 5,437,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
My views will NEVER change no matter what happens to me.

It is people like you, bobtn, Pacific Flights and a couple others who continuously try to personalize my general views.

I never once make it about me, until people like you, make it about me. People like you are so selfish and myopic (Pacific Flights has already pointed out that he could care less about anyone else), that its beyond you that a person could actually detach themself from their own personal situation in their criticism of the economy or anything else.

Just look through this thread. YOU are the one who made it about me. YOU are the one that shifted the conversation from my original point, that NOBODY should be indebted at birth, to my personal situation.

That is what consistently happens. For some reason I continue to follow you and your ilk in to that spiral, but not again. After this, when you or your ilk decide to make a macro comment/observation/view, in to a micro criticism of me, Im simply going to say "This isnt about me".

It wont shut people like bobtn up, he has no other goal but to personally insult me, and only the moderators can deal with him, but maybe it will shut you up.
I'm myopic? I explained to you several times why your plan WILL NOT WORK. Your plan infringes on people's freedom to live their lives however they want to. Every single political/economical system that has done that throughout history has failed. Your plan is GARBAGE. It is not well thought out. And you have absolutely no plan for how to carry it out. You know it, I know it, and everybody on this board knows it. Why do you think nobody else jumped in to come to your aid during our string of posts? Because your plan is poorly thought out extreme radicalism that nobody in the right mind would support.

I'm really sorry you feel the way you do. You are so far gone in the wrong direction that I'm not even going to waste my time on responding to you anymore.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:47 AM

Quote:
My goal is to change the game, not conform to it. Not only is conforming to the BS that exists right now completely against everything I believe, but its pointless as well.
Never gonna happen. OTOH, they have those hippie cult-like communities I'm sure you can join. Sounds like you'd fit in very well in one of those.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:53 AM

Quote:
I explained to you several times why your plan WILL NOT WORK. Your plan infringes on people's freedom to live their lives however they want to. Your plan is GARBAGE. It is not well thought out. And you have absolutely no plan for how to carry it out. You know it, I know it, and everybody on this board knows it. Why do you think nobody else jumped in to come to your aid during our string of posts? Because your plan is poorly thought out extreme radicalism that nobody in the right mind would support.
My plans are all over this whole entire site. By the way, I have hundreds of personal comments supporting some of, most of, or all of my thoughts, plans and ideas. So, excuse me if I could care less about a few vocal critics, some of which have made it their sole duty to engage me in conflict at every chance they can. Bobtn has even taken up pretty much ignoring any kind of real debate and going straight for a constant stream of personal insults.

Quote:
I'm really sorry you feel the way you do. You are so far gone in the wrong direction that I'm not even going to waste my time on responding to you anymore.
To the person who isnt myopic, yet believes their "way" is the "right" way, and it is their duty to "convert" everyone who doesnt follow. Forgive me Adolph, I have my own mind. Thanks.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Never gonna happen. OTOH, they have those hippie cult-like communities I'm sure you can join. Sounds like you'd fit in very well in one of those.
Hippie communities existing in the middle of capitalism with no independence? Wow, I'll pass.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:08 AM

Quote:
My plans are all over this whole entire site. By the way, I have hundreds of personal comments supporting some of, most of, or all of my thoughts, plans and ideas.
I don't doubt that there are fellow communists out there. But they are wrong as well. Any system that infringes on a person's free will fails 100% of the time. Your system infringes on a person's free will. Therefore...well, you figure it out.

Quote:
To the person who isnt myopic, yet believes their "way" is the "right" way, and it is their duty to "convert" everyone who doesnt follow. Forgive me Adolph, I have my own mind. Thanks.
I heard you out for several pages on this thread. I'm one of the more compassionate empathizers you'll probably find on this board. And even I think your plan is ludicrous. I'm all for creative ideas, but your idea is not creative at all. It's already been carried out in places like the former USSR, China, North Korea, etc. USSR collapsed. China is slowly but surely converting to a more capitalistic society. And North Korea is the armpit of the world. So yeah, tell me again why I'm myopic, and how your "original" game-changing plan is so brilliant. You have no idea how it will even work, because you can't take your mind from point A to point B to point C to envision what the future holds for a plan like yours. You have plenty of historical references to shed some light for you, so I suggest you go to the public library and do a little research.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment