Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 11:39 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnownUnknown View Post
America has a relatively low quality of life that is only going to get lower.
What are you talking about???

These Countries Have The Best Quality Of Life In The World - Business Insider

Quality-of-life Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Because your quality of living isn't #1, it means you got it that bad??? Mexico is only a drive away... You might be something of a novelty... Someone trying to cross the boarder illegally... TO Mexico

Old 08-25-2012, 11:55 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum View Post
Proof please. And none of your Hannity and O'Reilly. Has to be credible.

I don't have cable and I don't follow those puppets. In fact, I hate the both of them probably more than you. Let's see... GM and their unions... Nope, they can't lose. The banks... Nope, they can't lose. The welfare class... Nope, they don't have to produce to eat, they can't lose. No bid contracts... Ding ding ding, winners! GE, don't worry about those taxes... Winners! America, have a tax break we can't afford, while we fight unfunded wars... Winners! Young Americans, since your all winners, have some college money to go to crappy bottom of the barrel schools on uncle Sam, cause you can all be winners too!!! All unaffordable. In most cases, these actions actually skewed the market. College tuition rose 300% thanks to government manipulation. Since the people who couldn't afford homes just had to own them according to the government and the feel good libs, real estate prices reached record highs, and ultimately crashed the party... Dragging the country into a brutal recession. YOU are blind to see how your government has acted a fool at your expense, and you want... MORE GOVERNMENT INFLUENCE

You clearly have no idea what you are asking for, or what you really want. Everything the government has touched has rotted. They are far too inefficient and frankly, far too stupid to be trusted with such power and authority. Your country is loosing competitiveness in legitimate market and global influence as a result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum View Post
YOU are.

Do you not have enough sense to see/ are you so blind as to not see, that every other developed nation in the world has been able to tune their economy to make those things possible, but we chose Guns, rather than Butter? Consumption, rather than Investment?

Here's what we do: Blue States secede and disavow this UNPAYABLE national debt you Reds had such a hard-on for with all your d*mned Wars, and is still draining the Treasury. YOU pay that debt that you argued so long for your Wars. Take some Personal Responsibility for a change!

Those Wars have actually been the most massive transfer of wealth from taxpayers to the top 1% in the history of the world. Congratulations andywire, your advocacy (against your own self interests) has bankrupted the nation.

Why do you Hate America, andywire?
This isn't the politics forum and I'm not a republican, I am a conservative. If you think I blindly salute one of those halfwits, you're mistaken. But I certainly wouldn't be so stupid as to suggest the "investments" the liberals have championed have done any good. What advancements has welfare spending led to? We have many inventions thanks to NASA. What inventions has welfare spending brought us?

And America is bankrupt because you all thought you were worth more than you were capable of producing as a nation. You can not consume in excess of what you produce. America thought they could violate this very simply principle, along with many other basic econ 101 principles. Liberal policies will only make us more dependent and utterly useless. Dependency will only make you more indentured to foreign powers willing to finance our failures.

You have no clue what it is you really want.

The government can legislate prosperity that no one can afford... Or you can EARN it. I know which option I would choose...

Old 08-26-2012, 08:14 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,335,832 times
This has long since left the topic of Work and Employment and has turned into a political discussion. If you want to continue this conversation, the appropriate place for it is in the Politics & Other Controversies forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment