Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 07:36 AM

16,061 posts, read 26,692,634 times

Advertisements

Lay low and don't do anything about your manager. Work your hardest, do your best and let your work speak for itself. Make sure you are 100% professional and polite to everyone in the office. Network with your coworkers to get a good reputation of yourself started.

The last thing you want to do is put yourself on her bad side. Sadly I think it is almost impossible to talk to anyone about the performance of your manager.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2012, 07:39 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,567,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Lay low and don't do anything about your manager... The last thing you want to do is put yourself on her bad side.
This isn't a current situation or a current manager but something which happened quite some time ago ...

Old 08-31-2012, 07:46 AM

1,697 posts, read 3,476,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygirl15 View Post
What I really want is an apology from the manager and adminission from the company that their manager was out of place.
You're not getting one. You have a better job now, so move on. This manager isn't your problem anymore.

Old 08-31-2012, 08:13 AM

16,061 posts, read 26,692,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
This isn't a current situation or a current manager but something which happened quite some time ago ...
Ah.....thanks. Missed that part! Don't know why OP you would even want to go back in the past and call out the manager. Yes it is annoying. Let it go, move on. You'll only hurt yourself.

Old 08-31-2012, 10:22 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,688,679 times
Sorry to say, but your iinsistence on pursuing this makes me wonder if it was the manager who was on to you.

Old 08-31-2012, 12:16 PM

934 posts, read 1,934,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
Sorry to say, but your iinsistence on pursuing this makes me wonder if it was the manager who was on to you.

Agreed. I detect a "I have this friend who....." vibe here.

Old 08-31-2012, 12:19 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,934,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Any sort of retaliation on your part will be met with derision at best and, let's say just for the sake of argument that something you say resulted in her being dismissed. What on earth sort of satisfaction would you derive from that - a gleeful rubbing together of hands and an "I showed HER" delight? You have to know how totally unproductive and childish that is. Get on with your current job and focus on what's ahead. Good luck.
That may explain the fear of being fired-again. I wonder if the OP is her own worst enemy regarding employment.

To want revenge when one came out in better shape than ever is not healthy.

Old 08-31-2012, 12:32 PM

128 posts, read 267,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygirl15 View Post
What I really want is an apology from the manager and adminission from the company that their manager was out of place.
This will never happen, even if it is deserved.

Old 08-31-2012, 12:39 PM

380 posts, read 1,154,444 times
I know exactly how you feel. The way you described your temp experience is exactly how I feel in my temp job except I would hope my manager wouldn't let me go in front everyone and humiliate me.

I can understand your anger. If you think it will make you feel better to tell the agency how you were treated, then, do that. Just make sure you are calm when you talk to the agency. Being calm will help your credibility. Also, once you get it off your chest, hopefully, you will feel better because you will have stood up for yourself.

Old 09-01-2012, 03:14 PM

867 posts, read 1,584,834 times
It is clear to me that she had some sort of grudge against me. I was on to her and she knew it. The people that left her department knew it too. They would talk about how she was bi-polar.

What I am starting to realize is that this is her problem and not mine. I was upfront with her about my goals. She actually knew I was looking for a full time job. I see now that she was just jealous of me, for some unknown reason. Maybe because I was getting out. Maybe because she losing control over me, even though she never had control in the first place.

I do have a great job now. The pay is better, I have benefits, vacation. If she didn't fire me I never would have been available for this job. In a strange way she did me a favor because instead of feeling like a loser like she wanted me to feel, I was even more ambitious about finding a good job. And I did. I found a great one.

So, as for the way she did it, it was wrong and I know that. I just won't get in that position again with another job. That's the lesson I guess I'm supposed to learn for this.

Thank you for all your answers. I appreciate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment