Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 02:54 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,472,767 times

Advertisements

I feel mixed about what I just did. I knew my neighbor's wife was having her background checked for a top secret clearance job and my wife talked to that investigator, now I just had a chat with one about her husband also wanting top secret clearance.

They ask a lot of good open ended question for about 10 minutes.

I feel mixed because I wasn't totally honest with the investigator because I want to give my neighbor the benefit of the doubt. He has lived next to me for a year and has done two things that make him a less than perfect neighbor.

1. They bought a dog they had no business buying and neglected it, leaving it outside without shelter in the freezing cold rain off and on for about 2 months last winter. I was thinking of calling the SPCA on him, but my other neighbor, whom is a fierce dog lover called the cops on him and they had to get rid of the dog. I don't think he did this maliciously.

2. The haven't always maintained their property the best. We are trying to sell our house we have only ranch fencing in between us and he had almost 2 foot high weeds. I live in yuppie town where everyone is on top of their maintenance. He finally got the hint and pulled his weeds.

I felt like telling the investigator about the dog issue, but figured he isn't a bad guy just lacking in some common sense. Would you have told?

She asked me would you recommend him for a high security clearance government job? I said I really don't know him well since we hardly ever chat. I said he seems like a decent guy, but I don't know him well enough and then she asked would you not recommend him. I said no and told her my home showing was in a few minutes and needed to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2012, 03:01 PM

4,640 posts, read 11,930,296 times
I actually have to do these quite often. I always try to be honest. As far as the dog, if the police were called, they'll know. But if you are really worried, can't you call the investigator? They've always left their contact info with me.

Old 09-21-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bande1102 View Post
I actually have to do these quite often. I always try to be honest. As far as the dog, if the police were called, they'll know. But if you are really worried, can't you call the investigator? They've always left their contact info with me.
I rushed her because of my house showing so she left without leaving a card. She was official GSA something or other.

Old 09-21-2012, 03:09 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,370,494 times
They dont care about things like that. They care about illegal activity, substance abuse,etc

Old 09-21-2012, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
They dont care about things like that. They care about illegal activity, substance abuse,etc
Oh yes she asked all those questions two different ways which I told her both of them seem like well adjusted upstanding citizens.

Old 09-21-2012, 03:15 PM

653 posts, read 1,802,269 times
Those things aren't relevant to a TS clearance. You did right.

Old 09-21-2012, 03:24 PM

107 posts, read 381,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum View Post
Those things aren't relevant to a TS clearance. You did right.
+1. The most important things about having access to sensitive information is :

a) Not be a Spy
b) Not to have loose lips
c) Be well adjusted socially/financially insofar as being essentially immune to blackmail.

Who the hell cares if they don't take care of the dog properly?

Old 09-21-2012, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnemployedRage View Post
+1. The most important things about having access to sensitive information is :

a) Not be a Spy
b) Not to have loose lips
c) Be well adjusted socially/financially insofar as being essentially immune to blackmail.

Who the hell cares if they don't take care of the dog properly?
Ask that to all the Michael Vick supporters.

Come to think of it I think they are financially stretched. I heard before they bought this house the got foreclosed on several year before and bought this one VA loan 100% financiang and they have a lot of expensive toys.

Oh well I hope he gets his job poor guy just needs a break just like I do.

Old 09-21-2012, 03:51 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,370,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
Ask that to all the Michael Vick supporters.

Come to think of it I think they are financially stretched. I heard before they bought this house the got foreclosed on several year before and bought this one VA loan 100% financiang and they have a lot of expensive toys.

Oh well I hope he gets his job poor guy just needs a break just like I do.
Jmo if you do not have proof, let the guy have his clearance . His job depends on it.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
Jmo if you do not have proof, let the guy have his clearance . His job depends on it.
Oh I agree and I know how hard it is becaue my brother is waiting for his background check from LA County Sheriff's right now so maybe I generated some good kharma for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment