Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 10:20 AM

7,237 posts, read 12,737,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMD3819 View Post
Sorry to hear this SB.

I don't see how this could possibly improve for you. Workplace politics.

You quit a job you had for seven months and you would be leaving in May.

HR and managers are involved and there is a paper trail.

Season is coming-places are hiring, or will be shortly.
Retailers will hire in their folks for the holidays.

But as far as jobs at other places, it's pretty much game over until April 2013 for Professional, Office, Government and Manufacturing jobs.

Most companies at this point have approved their 2012 budget for the auditors, which means if you're not on their payroll now you won't be.

The managers in a lot of companies will also be heading off for the holidays season, so they're trying to keep their workload to a minimum (which means they're going to avoid doing the tedious drug & background checks for new employees).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2012, 11:02 AM

3,417 posts, read 7,785,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
Wrong re-read it before you make yourself look like a fool again.. I absolutely could do the checklist.. I was presented the list as if I was in trouble from MY boss... The other boss who set up the entire thing made this as a set up for MY boss to get him fired for not doing his job, he infact admitted I was part of the set up. I was a pawn in the whole deal. THe point was to have me do the check-list, which I had always done, plus all of my bosses work then they were going to pull my boss aside and ask him what he's doing if I'm doing all of his work..However their plan failed because MY boss was suppose to present it as a check list for myself and him to do, he instead presented it as a checklist only for me and told me it was because all eyes were on the department and they weren't happy with what was going on.. NOT KNOWING it was him they were up happy with however he turned it , as NOT planned by them, to make me the one who was in trouble .....He had other peoples names on the checklist that he tried to black out but you could see through and it was fowarding e-mails of the list to other bosses.. I had to go to the other bosses and get a check-mark by each task.. as told by my boss.. I later found out this was not how it was suppose to be at all and now how it was discussed with him..

I was completely made to believe i was in trouble for things I had not done was was going to be written up. I actually got a hold of the very head boss today who said he never did not know of any set up and that the other boss never should have said that and that everything they've done is completely out of line.

As far as the "tears" excuse me for being so upset over a situation. I hope we can all grow up to be as big a man as you one day ..
Edit: I reread your posts and think I have a better understanding of what happened.

This was a set up by THEM to get rid of YOU.

And it worked.

This was never about setting up your boss; it was about getting rid of you. The checklist was documentation. They wound up not needing it since you quit.

You admit you have been going to HR complaining about your boss and you have been emotional about it.

Managers do not use the worker bees as pawns to set up other managers. Way too much could go wrong. Managers going after other managers use other techniques.

All of the bosses are going to deny any knowledge of a set up. They would not admit it even if it were true.

Going to HR Monday is a waste of time unless they have a check for you. They will act shocked and concerned but in the end nothing will happen.

You are out of a job and the managers still have theirs.

Last edited by RMD3819; 10-07-2012 at 11:25 AM..

Old 10-07-2012, 11:15 AM

29,796 posts, read 24,880,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post

But as far as jobs at other places, it's pretty much game over until April 2013 for Professional, Office, Government and Manufacturing jobs.
Most manufacturers in this area got an unexpected uptick in work. The plant I worked at 6 months ago started opening on Saturday again, and they will probably be hiring soon. Fall/winters are usually the busy times for manufacturers, while the summers tend to be marked by retooling periods and slow work schedules or even layoffs. Manufacturing may not be hitting a boom period, but it's far from "game-over" for the employment opportunities.

Old 10-07-2012, 11:20 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,072,515 times
Unless I missed it somewhere, you left out the part where discussed the letter and the list of duties you are to finish.

Heck, you left out a lot of information.

Looks to me they got exactly what they wanted, you to quit.

Old 10-07-2012, 02:20 PM

810 posts, read 1,762,782 times
I am sorry but this does sound like you played right into their game of trying to fire you and unfortunately they won when you put in your 2 weeks notice.
Have you thought about filing with the eeoc for a hostile work enviroment? I am looking into that because of what I put up with at my previous job, they made my worklife unbearable hoping I would quit after I complained about being sexuallly harassed by another employee - suddenly every move I made was wrong and I was just put thru hell and I put up with it because I would've preferred to find another job than to have been fired (of course I didn't and they fired me last month).
Your old bosses sound like jerks and I do not blame you for being upset but this will work out in the long run.
Talking to hr would be a waste of time HR is there to protect the company not the employees. Start filing the eeoc paperwork and see how far you can take it from there.
Good luck.

Old 10-07-2012, 03:51 PM

1,412 posts, read 4,483,559 times
I would love to hear the other side of this.

Your best bet is start job hunting and learn from your mistakes that made you part of this situation. The business world can be tough, you just need to be savvy enough to make it through the b.s.

The fact you admitted to complaining about you boss to HR, really just seals your fate. That is not the right way to do things. If you have a problem you work back with your boss, if it is because he is delegating work to you, then let his boss worry about why he can not do his job. You just do the work and move on. That is the way it works. If there are issues with sexual harassment and you reported it, then most likely you would not be under this person still, unless HR does not care you push a lawsuit on the company. Most HR will care about that and put something in place to prevent future occurrences during the investigation.

I think the harrassment claim is coming because you are upset. If you have really been doing your job, you should have done as they asked and waited for the chips to fall.

Old 10-07-2012, 04:14 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,958,267 times
The chain of events was not me going straight to HR and this is a 7 month ordeal simply that I had gone last week by coincidence. The head boss actually put in for a promotion for me and requested my boss do the same. He never went to HR and was confronted twice about it and still had never gone. I was then asked to start doing things WAY above my pay scale, which I did do. We have 4 people total in our dept, he put both people who work the same shift overnight on PTO at the same time. That left me to come in 2 hours early every day and finish their work in 2 hours, then get done all of my work and mostly all of his, then stay 2-3 hours late every day and prep all the work for the next day. I did it, every day when in fact HE was suppose to be doing this, hence why I worked 11 days straight 12 hours every day and he took 3 1/2 days off in those 11 days. I was told by other bosses they were having problems with him "appearing busy" but no work getting done. It wasn't just me I simply had to work under him. He then wanted me to start working over night shifts 12-8 am once or twice a week on top of my day shifts because I had learned how to do their work and so they could cover their shifts when they were short. I told him no I was hired as a day shift , I have a 3 year old child and my husband already works 14 hour shifts at his job so child care and such would be an issue esp if he wanted me to work on the weekends, when my husband also works. I am only willing and able to go so far with a job, I have other obligations like a small child and for I do not feel guilty in telling him no

Old 10-07-2012, 04:20 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,958,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
Unless I missed it somewhere, you left out the part where discussed the letter and the list of duties you are to finish.

Heck, you left out a lot of information.

Looks to me they got exactly what they wanted, you to quit.
I'm trying to fill in 7 months of information in a post

Old 10-07-2012, 07:39 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,126,539 times
Quote:
I hope I don't ever become as heartless as you.
I was actually being nice.

Old 10-07-2012, 07:54 PM

6,345 posts, read 8,114,245 times
Quote:

Most companies at this point have approved their 2012 budget for the auditors, which means if you're not on their payroll now you won't be.

The managers in a lot of companies will also be heading off for the holidays season, so they're trying to keep their workload to a minimum (which means they're going to avoid doing the tedious drug & background checks for new employees).
My company give us 60 days notice in September. Everybody would be laid off in November. . There were all kinds of laid off employees. It could be anything from accountants to administrative clerks or IT developers to middle managers. Dozens every week were finding new jobs, submitting resignations. The professional guys like me were getting $10-20k increases in salary for job offers. By the end of October, about 100-200 already had new jobs and quit early. They gave up their severance packages, because they wanted something now. They didn't want to wait for the new budgets to open up in April.

Last edited by move4ward; 10-07-2012 at 08:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment