Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 02:50 PM

417 posts, read 822,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
Sounds like you're pulling our legs here. But if you are serious and not playing games, I'd suggest calling the authorities letting them know you are depressed, or whatever the problem is. The road you're going down leads to a place I guarantee you wont enjoy being at, and the road back may be near impossible.

The world needs to give you what you want? And what do you think the world is going to do when you try to take what you want without paying for it?

Are you addicted to drugs or alcohol?

Something's wrong here (if you are being serious). I doubt it's something you can handle by yourself. Society has sympathy for people who want to better their lives, and will help in the right ways, but it's hard to pity people who want to live miserable lives or to take advantage of others.

You say you want to own a business? Buy a rake and go house to house asking to rake leaves. Then buy a shovel and shovel snow during the winter. Having your own business will require you to actually work, however.

I've worked for several companies where those at the top made way more than they deserved, and those in the lower positions who usually worked the hardest made so little they could hardly pay basic bills. Is it fair? Heck no and it was immoral and unethical. But I wasn't going to quit working because I was upset about it. Sometimes you have to man up, act like a decent citizen, and continue working hard to support yourself.

Do yourself a favor and forget about what's fair or not, because that's life. Think about what you want out of life and where you want to be in one year, two years, five years, ten years, etc. Then set you sights on achieving them and bettering your life. Write down your goals and how you plan to achieve them,

However, if you want to have a loser mentality and live on the streets with the criminal kind, then noone can help you. That's a life that would scare the heck out of me. It would be miserable as heck. And there'd be a good chance of ending up in jail or six feet under in short order. Is that really the life you want?

But again, if there's an emotional issue you're dealing with, seek help. You'll be glad you did. It's nothing to be ashamed of, but not dealing with it would be weak. Man up man, man up.

Good luck, and God bless.
Criminals don't only live on the streets. The smartest criminals live in large homes committing crimes too sophisticated for the average person to understand, and are informally tolerated by society. So, to OP, if you're going to turn to crime, at least be smart about it...

If you're too lazy to even go the illegal route intelligently, well, your life course will probably be fairly predictable...

Old 10-25-2012, 03:45 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,496,409 times
OP should totally offer to swap his right to live and work in America with any one of a billion people not living here who'd jump at the chance. He could go and be a bum in a cardboard box in Africa, a former soviet republic, the Philippines, India etc, and his replacement given the opportunity of a lifetime to come here. It'd be a dream come true for them - just imagine that - its all perspective.

Whaddya say OP? Give someone the opportunity to live the life you are wasting?

Old 10-25-2012, 07:55 PM

4,282 posts, read 10,718,386 times
Go buy like 20 acres of land somewhere in Kansas within 50 miles of a city.

Build a cabin, grow some crops, and simply do odd jobs and barter when necessary.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:50 PM

438 posts, read 1,526,478 times
OP, if your homeless you notice when your outside that the birds and the squriles are busy at work. There running around trying to find food for themselves and their babies. The birds and the squriels don't have EBT cards, they have to work on their own. Work is the natural condidition, so get to work.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:07 PM

3,494 posts, read 4,653,031 times
I was really hungry when I wrote this, lol. Was being the key word. Guess I'm better now, now that I've eaten...

I still feel like the way the system is set up is unfair to a lot and that not enough people are noticing. I wish someone who could do something actually would do something.

I hear stories like aurora, arizona, the florida zombie, 9/11....and I know this is horrible, but I understand. For me, I don't blame the people who actually did it, I blame those who allowed it to get so bad that it would happen. And I get angry at those who dismiss those who did those things as "evil"...that is the exact sentiment that'll lead to such things being done again and again.

As for privacy issues? I'm not intersted in limiting myself in any way...if this ends up hurting me with the job search...well, like I said, you paint a man into a corner and he will 'man up'....perhaps in ways you won't necessarily agree with...

Old 10-25-2012, 09:43 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,626,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
I was really hungry when I wrote this, lol. Was being the key word. Guess I'm better now, now that I've eaten...

I still feel like the way the system is set up is unfair to a lot and that not enough people are noticing. I wish someone who could do something actually would do something.

I hear stories like aurora, arizona, the florida zombie, 9/11....and I know this is horrible, but I understand. For me, I don't blame the people who actually did it, I blame those who allowed it to get so bad that it would happen. And I get angry at those who dismiss those who did those things as "evil"...that is the exact sentiment that'll lead to such things being done again and again.

As for privacy issues? I'm not intersted in limiting myself in any way...if this ends up hurting me with the job search...well, like I said, you paint a man into a corner and he will 'man up'....perhaps in ways you won't necessarily agree with...
You're lumping together events that are drastically different in nature; what the HELL does the 9/11 attacks have to do with the Aurora shooting?! The guy who ate a part of the man's face was on DRUGS. You aren't making logical or coherent statements. THOSE ACTIONS WERE EVIL!!!! ANYTIME you take an innocent life, YOU ARE COMMITTING AN ACT OF EVIL!!! What the HELL is there NOT TO UNDERSTAND?!?!?!

You're even more idiotic than I originally thought.

And if you're insinuating an act of violence against another person or entity, I sure hope you're thrown in jail. You're a danger to society; you people are part of the reason I own and carry a firearm each day.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:52 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,500,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
But he is Homeless yet he has internet?

Is Obama giving out free internet now?
You never heard of the library? There is also free WiFi at mcDonalds, Star Bucks, Safeway, etc,,,

Old 10-25-2012, 10:01 PM

26,338 posts, read 93,414,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
I don't know what I want to do, in order to produce something meaningful, I'm still trying to figure that out...how to make my life count for something.
You probably need to go buy an iPhone 5.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:33 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,926,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
Go buy like 20 acres of land somewhere in Kansas within 50 miles of a city.

Build a cabin, grow some crops, and simply do odd jobs and barter when necessary.

This. I was going to write something like this. There are a bunch of narrow minded people in this thread. So the dude doesn't have drive. Way to voice your own viewpoints as your basis for a good life. I don't agree with him on his lifestyle choice but who am I to judge? He posted he's not asking for any money off the government and half the post are stating you are a freeloaner. There's a real American smug attitude in this thread. Work at least 49 weeks a year so you can get 3 off! OP doesn't have that American, "I need to work all day to enjoy my life properly as shown by society" viewpoint. Anyone who's gone backpacking knows how to life on little and want to avoid "real life". I've done it and it was damn hard getting back to boring as hell work and being an adult. I had to but the Op doesn't have too.

To the OP, head to somewhere rural like Kansas, Wyoming, or Montana. You how to type so you can research where would work for you. Hitchhike there. Figure out the rules there. Find a good spot. Try to work just enough to get that cabin. Get that, stop working and see if you can take care of yourself with little money. Its a slower lifestyle and people tend to keep to themselves. Hell, my uncle in Ohio said they are trailer homes on sale for 12k. Can you work til you get what you want then go back to 24/7 chillin?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment