Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2012, 05:26 PM

103 posts, read 167,711 times

Advertisements

So on the 15th of this month my company I work for flew me out to Greenbay for an interview for an IT position withing the company. Their main office is in Greenbay but they said if I got the job I would be able to stay in California at my plant. So the interview went well (in my opinion) and the HR lady even asked me how i though it went when she was driving me back to the airport. I said I think it went well and i just hope it was enough. She said that it did and that the other interviewers were very impressed with me. I don't know if she was just being nice but I felt as if i had a really good chance of getting the job. They said they would make their decision by the end of this week which is today. I did not receive a call or anything and feel really disappointed as I may not have got the position. Should I email her and ask her about the status or what do you guys feel is the right approach? I just want to know if I got it or not so I can move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2012, 11:02 AM

bump*************

Old 10-28-2012, 11:48 AM

715 posts, read 1,073,681 times
See if you receive any contact on Monday morning. If not, send an email in the afternoon to follow up asking where they are in their decision making. Be sure to express that you are still interested in the position and look forward to a response.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:31 PM

810 posts, read 1,763,059 times
Good luck. Please send her a email either tonight or first thing tomorrow.

Old 10-28-2012, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangomadness View Post
See if you receive any contact on Monday morning. If not, send an email in the afternoon to follow up asking where they are in their decision making. Be sure to express that you are still interested in the position and look forward to a response.
Thanks guys. I will email her tomorrow afternoon or Tuesday afternoon and ask her where she stands. I know out plant is also switching insurance providers so HR is has been really busy taking all of the employees paperwork for the new insurance. I am not sure if this applies to the Wisconsin plants but anybody have a template maybe that they got on what to say?

Old 10-28-2012, 06:59 PM

6,345 posts, read 8,117,682 times
Is this job holding you back from applying for other jobs? Do not make the mistake of applying for one position and waiting for a response. With other options on the table, you may not accept the cheese factory position.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by move4ward View Post
Is this job holding you back from applying for other jobs? Do not make the mistake of applying for one position and waiting for a response. With other options on the table, you may not accept the cheese factory position.
Well I was not planning on applying for any jobs in IT field until I was done with college but since the opportunity came up in my company I applied. Since then I have recently applied to other IT openings in my area. So I currently do not have any other options but I may if any of these other jobs call back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment