Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 03:38 PM

4 posts, read 38,452 times

Advertisements

Anybody work at Chipotle or have friends / family that do? How much do they pay ? Here in Southern California, minimum wage is $8, hoping to hear from others in the same area or in a state where minimum wage is the same since it varies dramatically from state to state. Would guess $9-$10 for entry to mid positions? There's a few new locations that just opened up here in Orange County, CA and they look pretty fun to work at.

Glad to hear they promote within and love to see people grow and work their way up the ladder to management. Great value & food ethic, caring about animals and using antibiotics-free and growth hormones-free meat. The upscale & friendly environment is always a great place to hang out with friends. Everything about is awesome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 03:47 PM

2,135 posts, read 5,487,636 times
If it's like anything like the Chipoltes I have seen, if you don't have enough tattoos, gauges, a nose ring, or weird color hair you won't even get any interview.

Old 11-12-2012, 03:56 PM

3,082 posts, read 5,436,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
If it's like anything like the Chipoltes I have seen, if you don't have enough tattoos, gauges, a nose ring, or weird color hair you won't even get any interview.
Interesting. Where I live, it's mostly middle-aged Mexican women that work there.

That said, I'm sure there is no particular criteria for physical appearance to work there. I'd assume that it's like working at any other fast food place. Although, I'm sure it's a step up from a Taco Bell or Del Taco. I'd guess pay is around minimum wage, maybe more if you come in as a supervisor or manager.

They seem like a pretty good company to work for. I know from looking at them in the past that they have some cool perks/bennies. Check out the link below for more info.

Chipotle: Careers

Old 11-13-2012, 08:44 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkie View Post
Interesting. Where I live, it's mostly middle-aged Mexican women that work there.

That said, I'm sure there is no particular criteria for physical appearance to work there. I'd assume that it's like working at any other fast food place. Although, I'm sure it's a step up from a Taco Bell or Del Taco. I'd guess pay is around minimum wage, maybe more if you come in as a supervisor or manager.

They seem like a pretty good company to work for. I know from looking at them in the past that they have some cool perks/bennies. Check out the link below for more info.

Chipotle: Careers
Same here. Basically if you're not a Mexican/central American woman with limited English between 40 and 60, you can forget working at Chipotle.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:33 AM

4 posts, read 38,452 times
Quote:
Sounds like the Chipotle near you is a clique / best friends BFF group that only hire bad-ass / tough looking people with all those things mentioned above. Some places are sadly like that, only look to hire people of that look like each other. Condom Revolution, Bars, certain restaurants, etc. Cliques in general can be very conceited and discriminate secretly... but won't admit it, they just won't hang out or hire you period and it clearly shows when you look at group and see allll the similarities

I've been to over a dozen Chipotle's and have seen all walks of life & types of people, not just stereotypical mexican middle age people working there. If you go to the official website & youtube channel, you can tell they honestly hire all types of people including young ones, all races, etc. (Work discrimination is illegal but some places get away with it, unfortunately)

* Update - Called a few places, right away away 1 of them had interest in me and the assistant manager & I talked on the phone for awhile. Just need to go apply online and call back when done, woo hoo

Old 11-14-2012, 09:35 AM

749 posts, read 838,294 times
Look at it this way: If you get your foot in the door, you'll probably get an employee discount for consuming their vastly overrated grub.

But what would you expect from a McDonald's owned company.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:40 AM

2,135 posts, read 5,487,636 times
Chipoltes only was controlled by McD for a little bit, not currently.Chipotle Mexican Grill - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I also beg to differ, their food is phenomenal.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Chipoltes only was controlled by McD for a little bit, not currently.Chipotle Mexican Grill - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I also beg to differ, their food is phenomenal.
You beat me to the punch. Yeah, Chipotle is vastly superior to most other fast food chains. Where else can you get the same quality and quantity of food for under $7?

Old 11-14-2012, 10:42 AM

25 posts, read 56,725 times
I have a son who works at Chipolte. Makes the normal wage. He just thinks it's a zoo as far as personalities go.
Likes his job customers are nice and all it's the folks he works with that have taken some getting used too.
Personal observation:
Sure most employees have tatoos, alternative lifestyles that are shared freely and have enough hardware in thier face to build a car but hey welcome to the reality. What does anybody expect from people at an overpriced CORPORATE burrito stand. What comes thru the door today for work is alot different than in my day. Food just ok.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach39 View Post
I have a son who works at Chipolte. Makes the normal wage. He just thinks it's a zoo as far as personalities go.
Likes his job customers are nice and all it's the folks he works with that have taken some getting used too.
Personal observation:
Sure most employees have tatoos, alternative lifestyles that are shared freely and have enough hardware in thier face to build a car but hey welcome to the reality. What does anybody expect from people at an overpriced CORPORATE burrito stand. What comes thru the door today for work is alot different than in my day. Food just ok.
Wow, there's some real hate going around for Chipotle. It's interesting, the first ever Chipotle is about 3 miles away from where I live. It blossomed up just like any other successful business has. Shame on them I guess.

And what gives with the negative generational stereotypes and the "back in my day" blabbering?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment