Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 05:40 PM

11 posts, read 21,835 times

Advertisements

Standards means different things to different people and I eat very high quality food at home. Not a health nut but just try to eat good quality. If I can get that while travelling that's fine and I appreciate the helpful feedback. simply wasn't sure how things were up and down the West Coast is all.

Again, for those who provided informative feedback, I do appreciate it and it has been helpful.
Nothing more to be concerned about.
Nothing to see here.

Regards
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2012, 07:30 PM

1,658 posts, read 3,546,477 times
You can get a healthy high quality dinner, anywhere, easily, for under $15 including tax and tip. I can't believe you're conplaining about "only" $30.

Old 11-29-2012, 07:32 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,390,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotscot View Post
Standards means different things to different people and I eat very high quality food at home. Not a health nut but just try to eat good quality. If I can get that while travelling that's fine and I appreciate the helpful feedback. simply wasn't sure how things were up and down the West Coast is all.

Again, for those who provided informative feedback, I do appreciate it and it has been helpful.
Nothing more to be concerned about.
Nothing to see here.

Regards
1. Asks question/whines

2. Doesn't like less than sympathetic answers

3. Throws fit full of righteous indignation.

Old 11-29-2012, 08:48 PM

1,412 posts, read 4,483,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunny View Post
1. Asks question/whines

2. Doesn't like less than sympathetic answers

3. Throws fit full of righteous indignation.

People are jumping on him because they assume he feels $30 is not enough. He was just curious, as this is his first time working a job with meal reimbursements. He eats healthy and wants to make the correct decisions. Honestly, I can understand him being annoyed since he can not combine the money and apparently his boss does not feel he needs lunch.

Eating a healthy dinner is more then just eating a salad. If one also eats high quality ingredients along with healthy, then $30 may not stretch as far as a person would like.

Most likely the people who feel he is being a snob, live off of McDonald's and thinks a small value meal is a healthy option. (Making assumptions is fun)

Old 11-29-2012, 09:01 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,390,696 times
I go out to eat, at most, 1 night per week. To a vegetarian restaurant. I bring my lunches to work, which consist of NO processed foods. I bring salads with oil and balsamic vinegar dressings, which I mix myself using gourmet oils and pure balsamic.

I eat very little red meat, mainly chicken or vegetarian, and I read labels on ALL packaged foods, of which I buy the minimum. I spend about an hour, each night, preparing dinner for myself and husband as well as preparing my lunch for the next day. We spend about $150/week on food. For 2 of us. In Los Angeles.

He is whining about $280/week if he is out 7 days. For just him. We would LOVE that budget.

Whine, complain, unhappy people didn't agree.

Old 11-30-2012, 12:12 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,697,299 times
Quote:
I've been trying to eat healthier the past year, avoiding junk food etc do you think I'll be able to eat healthy on $30.00? I'll be mostly in cities like Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco.
You should be able to. Use some of the city-related forums on here to ask about such places. I used to travel all the time and it was always a challenge to find someplace healthy to eat if I was just in and out in a day or two and did not know the city.

If you are going to be in one place for an extended period of time (say, all week), think about booking a room at a place like a Homewood Suites (Hilton) or Residence Inn (Marriott) where the rooms do have a small kitchenette - then when you get in, hit up the nearest grocery store and you can buy healthier food and prepare it yourself.

Also, is this reimbursement regardless of the cities you are traveling to? Many companies offer a hugher reimbursement amount for cities where costs tend to be much higher (NYC, LA, etc.).

Old 12-02-2012, 08:46 AM

3,237 posts, read 6,316,881 times
Quote:
I only asked for informational purposes and because I've never had a job like this travelling to the major cities. You know nothing about me. There is absolutely no need to be rude and judgmental.

I guess you're an unhappy person in life.

(In addition, it is the employers function to pay for the services the employee provides. In case you are not aware that pay can be in the form of a varied benefit package made up of many elements, one being meal reimbursement. My question wasn't related to the private agreement between employer and employee, rather, it was related to the cost of healthy, good quality food in certain geographic locations.)
I judged you because apparently you are so good you need more than $30 for a meal which is a ****ing joke
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment