Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 04:05 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,390,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Then he's just being an arse. You did all you needed to do by responding to that first email so now I'm on your side, the guy is a douche.
LOL

Thanks for that.

It was more than a little annoying. He had ALL the info he needed to handle it himself. I responded. AND he could see that I was busy doing other things. He just feels that if he asks, then it is urgent. he sucks. Although I think one of the other recruiters said something to him, as the other day I was busy and he commented that he can see I am busy and that he and the other recruiters are going to need to help me by being a little more reasonable while I am handling other things...all of them projects given to me by the boss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2012, 09:01 AM

763 posts, read 2,604,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSender6000 View Post
I know my story doesn't help your situation OP, but I just want you to know that sooner or later, people like that guy (and my old co-worker) eventually get what's coming to them. Sometimes karma is the best recruiter of all.
My former boss was like this, expected me to work on non-business related work for him during work hours and to he** with whatever else I was doing at the time. Whatever BS work he had took priority.

Karma is a bit** and I'm a firm believer of what goes around, comes around!

Old 12-31-2012, 09:23 AM

3,082 posts, read 5,436,826 times
I currently work in a sales environment. Have you ever worked with sales people? It's like working with grown children. I support 11 different reps, and all of them think that their issue(s) takes precedence over everything else.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:49 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,292,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunny View Post
So, I am venting and also asking for opinions.

I am HR, as you all know. It is my job, by definition, to act in a supportive role...handling interviews, checking references, putting together offer packets, etc. So, by definition I am a support role for the recruiters. There are 7 people in the office who work as recruiters. 1 of me. Most of them get that if they need me to help them with something that I am not able to drop everything immediately. But one of them does not...today for example.

12:29pm email entitled "I need you to find this for me"

My response about 15 minutes later "here is the info"

1:45 "I need you to book this for me based on the info you found"
2:00 "I really need you to book that"

2:14 he asks me "Have you checked your email, I am waiting for you to book that for me"

I told him that I had not gotten to it yet but that if he needed it right away he could go ahead and call them...and that I would do it as soon as I was done.

It is important to note that he can see my desk from where he sits, and I was CLEARLY busy (papers all over, files all over, up and down in and out of 2 separate filing cabinets, etc) AND we have a giant audit coming up the first week of the new year, which this person is fully aware that I am in the final stages of prepping for...

The person acts like, because I have a role that is supportive, if he asks me to do something, I need to drop any and all projects I am working on. He never asks if I am busy or asks when I will be able to have something handled (everyone else in the office does, for the most part) and expects me to do anything he asks of me immediately, no matter what I am working on.

Yes, I understand that I am a support role...and I have no issues with that...but how do I get through to this person that just because he asks me to do something does not mean I need to do it RIGHT AT THAT EXACT SECOND???? There are other people in the office and I have a job to do that is also to support them...yet why in the world does he act like he is able to order me around????

Thoughts? Complaints about similar? It just really got to me today as I am under a lot of pressure about the upcoming audit...
How are thing going with these temporary agency recruiters you are a secretary for? Especially the annoying one who thinks he owns you? Wouldn't you like to give him one of these:

Last edited by I_Love_LI_but; 03-28-2013 at 12:40 PM.. Reason: cute smiley

Old 03-28-2013, 05:36 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,390,696 times
He's been better. He was REALLY wrong in something that could have cost us a ton of money. I fight the issue and fixed it. Let him know but didn't say a word to anyone else. He's been great since.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:57 PM

2,845 posts, read 6,010,863 times
haha secret sender that made me chuckle!

Glad he's calmed down a bit.

I had a similar issue when I was a lab assistant. I was one of two lab assistants, and we took care of about 10 post docs. Anyways, one post doc drove me CRAZY. Anytime she needed things, even though I had tons of stuff to do, she expected me to drop everything. She would make me so nervous practically watching over my shoulder I would make mistakes, etc. But with everyone else my work was perfect, because they were all willing to give me TIME to get their stuff done.

Finally she complained to my boss, and I told my boss, I have her AND 9 other people whose stuff I have to take care of, I just can't get it all done in the time she wants. I'm one person! Luckily my boss told her she had to wait just like everyone else did. After that things went much better.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:01 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,670,302 times
all i hear is "i've got a job", "i've got a job", "i've got a job", "i've got a job"...

if you don't want it, do me a favor and quit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment