Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 10:56 AM

398 posts, read 1,365,611 times

Advertisements

Dogs are property under the law, so can't compare them to children. It's more accurate to compare dogs to pigs that we slaughter and eat than comparing them with human children.

Paying someone else to pickup dog poop should be less "lazy & offensive" than having daycare or babysitter for a human child which should be more important for the parent to do themselves. Many parents who pay for these services can afford to become a 1 income household if they quit their jobs and move into a rented studio apartment instead of paying mortgage on a house... but most won't give that up that extra income and comfort by choice. In fact, the richer the household, the more extra help they hire to do whatever they consider to be "menial" tasks.

So stop making a big deal out of someone not wanting to pickup dog poop.... as long as someone does it, it's fine. Most families in my neighborhood hire dog walkers to walk & pickup after their dogs while they are at work and I prefer a professional who does that job well, than dog owners in a rush and leaving poop residues around the neighborhood.

Old 12-30-2012, 11:05 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,562,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond2 View Post
Dogs are property under the law, so can't compare them to children. It's more accurate to compare dogs to pigs that we slaughter and eat than comparing them with human children.

Paying someone else to pickup dog poop is less "lazy" than having daycare or babysitter for a human child which should be more important for the parent to do themselves. Many parents who pay for these services can afford to become a 1 income household if they quit their jobs and they move into a rented studio apartment instead of paying mortgage on a house... but most won't give that up that extra income and comfort by choice. In fact, the richer the household, the more they hire extra help to do whatever they consider to be "menial" tasks.

So stop making a big deal out of someone not wanting to pickup dog poop.... as long as someone does it, it's fine. Most families in my neighborhood hire dog walkers to walk & pickup after their dogs while they are at work and I prefer a professional who does that job well, than dog owners in a rush and leaving poop residues around the neighborhood.
The only ones making a big deal of this, are the one's bashing KA because they don't approve of her having an opinion that differs from theirs. That's the only reason this has gone to 10 pages. They seem to take this issue personally.
Maybe if kids were treated more like property, we could hold parents responsible for the crimes of their offspring. Case in point.
12-year-old girl charged with murder after allegedly shooting man dead in random carjacking | Mail Online

Old 12-30-2012, 11:13 AM

398 posts, read 1,365,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
The only ones making a big deal of this, are the one's bashing KA because they don't approve of her having an opinion that differs from theirs. That's the only reason this has gone to 10 pages. They seem to take this issue personally.
Maybe if kids were treated more like property, we could hold parents responsible for the crimes of their offspring. Case in point.
12-year-old girl charged with murder after allegedly shooting man dead in random carjacking | Mail Online
Calling others lazy for not picking up dog poop is bashing and insulting them... not just an opinion about choice.

Just like saying if you have a babysitter you are lazy if you wont give up your job to become a 1 income household or give up your house instead of living in a cheap studio apartment to spend more time with your children. Why buy a house if you need a babysitter or daycare, right? Why have kids if both parents want to work? Choices about lifestyle is not laziness as long as they take care of their responsibilities even if they pay someone else to do it.

Children as property means we can sell them off whenever we feel like it... or euthanize them because there are too many kids. In other cases, animal "property" can be slaughtered for food. Human property is slavery... You are not making sense.

Old 12-30-2012, 11:17 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,189,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
It certainly is not because she picks up her own dog turds, it's because she has put such disparaging labels on people who choose not to.
BTW....in reply to the OP.
Maybe you would have some luck with putting up a sign on your lawn if the neighborhood is the type where possible "scoopers" would walk by and see it.
Might catch somebody right there close by looking to 'pick up' (no pun intended) a few bucks.

Old 12-30-2012, 11:22 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,792,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
I've never heard of a dog shhit service..... I thought at first this was a joke..

I feel guilty if i have to pay someone to change my oil... I usually do it myself,,,but to hire someone to pick up poop...that seems so odd to me..

although when i had to put my greyhound down, after 12 years, I would have paid someone to take her to the vet, that was the longest ride ever , she seem to know where we were going, and i was in no condition to be driving
Sorry love. I had to that at 3am by myself with my last dog. Never an easy thing. Getting back on topic. I'm not understanding why one size has to fit all with this issue. What difference does it make how the waste gets disposed of as long as it's not sitting there for months in the yard? I'm sure the neighbors appreciate it no matter who does the dirty deed.

Old 12-30-2012, 11:41 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,334,402 times
Conversation is done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment