Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 10:15 PM

2,135 posts, read 4,271,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
It's all about priorities. Some people like to sleep more than others. Some people like sleep more than other activities. I personally enjoy the feeling of waking up refreshed rather than tired.
Agreed. My gf would sleep 12 hours a day if she could I wish I could never sleep again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2013, 06:28 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Someone would have to send me a DVD copy of someone waking up at 8am and walking out of the door at 8:15am presentable and ready to face to world with a clean face and well groomed hair.

I still don't believe it.
That could probably be arranged but how is the date and time going to be confirmed to your satisfaction? It would be such a pain to go to all that trouble just to have you turn around and claim that the clocks were altered and the video was otherwise tampered with. Does it have to be a DVD or would a link to Youtube be OK? You really need to provide complete specifications. Oh, and you should also define "presentable" which is subjective.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:12 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,298,978 times
Up for work by 6:30 am
Home by 5:30 pm
Work out until about 7
Bed by 10 10:30

Old 01-18-2013, 07:48 AM

2,008 posts, read 4,722,538 times
alright to answer all of the questions....

I work in IT so I don't have to be wearing a suit with perfectly groomed hair. It's pretty laid back. I'm a guy with shortish hair that pretty much falls into place 100% of the time. If anything i can take my hands and then "groom it". I don't do any facial grooming. My girlfriend shaves my face with a buzzer about once every other week or so. this is isn't in the morning either.

For the pop tarts.. these are the only things that can actually keep me halfway full that's a breakfast food. I don't know if it's just me but any breakfast food that I eat whether it be a bowl of cereal or eggs and bacon and toast, i'm hungry in like an hour. The pop tarts keep me satisfied for at least 2 hours.

For me to be awake and alert in the morning I have a can of Mt. Dew that takes care of that.

Also, one tip for getting out of the house in a hurry, is to prepare the night before. Before I go to bed I have showered and have my clothes set aside for what I will be wearing the next day. If i'm bringing a lunch I pack that the night before as well.

Today I was up at 8:03 and out the door at 8:13.

Also, don't expect to be able to go from taking an hour or two every morning to get ready for work to just be able to get ready in 15 minutes. It will be impossible for you to make a change like that and make it justifiable. Make small changes. Cut down from 2 hours to an hour and a half. Then an hour, then 45 minutes, then 30, then 15. It really is an art form.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:53 AM

803 posts, read 1,667,361 times
I do best with about seven hours. I go to bed around 10:30 or 10:45, usually asleep by 11:30, then wake up around 6:45 (earlier on shave days) in the morning.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:17 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
Quote:
Someone would have to send me a DVD copy of someone waking up at 8am and walking out of the door at 8:15am presentable and ready to face to world with a clean face and well groomed hair.

I still don't believe it.
Not everyone tries to style a rat's nest in the morning. Get a wash and go hair style, we have been over this with you a countless number of times. The same questions arise each time you start a new job. Most people are getting ready for work the night before, while you choose to play on the phone and the internet. Ask any one who has been in military boot camp how long it takes to get ready, and pass inspection.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:56 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times
Quote:
How many hours of sleep do you get on work nights? I been getting about 5 hours a night but I think I need to increase that and improve my sleeping habits.

How many people who work a 8 hour shift really get 8 hours of sleep a night? I try to get in bed by 12:30am and be sleep by 1:30 to wake up at 7am.
I find that going to bed about 10pm is ideal for me. I usually only average about 6-7 hrs.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:23 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
Do people still work 9-5? I work 8-5 and am almost always in bed by 10, up at 6, home by 5:45. I probably actually get more like 6-7 hours of actual sleep.
Yep - that's me too - 6 or 7 hours max.

Old 01-18-2013, 04:11 PM

1,479 posts, read 2,718,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by packer43064 View Post
I wish I could never sleep again.
Me too. I wish I didnt have to eat or go to the bathroom either. I dont even want to think about how much I'd get done if I didnt have to eat, sleep or potty.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:00 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
That could probably be arranged but how is the date and time going to be confirmed to your satisfaction? It would be such a pain to go to all that trouble just to have you turn around and claim that the clocks were altered and the video was otherwise tampered with. Does it have to be a DVD or would a link to Youtube be OK? You really need to provide complete specifications. Oh, and you should also define "presentable" which is subjective.

Anyone working in a office cannot wake up and be outside headed to work in 15 mins. It's not possible at all because it takes more time to get ready when you are in that environment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment