Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 06:12 AM

2,135 posts, read 4,273,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Well you must go directly into the bathroom once you get to work so you can fix yourself in the mirror
What are you talking about? What guy goes to the bathroom first thing to fix their hair after sitting in the car for a 15 or 30 minute commute? What is there to fix when your in a car with the windows up at 8am

Quote:
Do you have a mirror you can look in at your desk?

A mirror at you desk? Do you understand that women have mirrors at their desk and look at them often because well that is what women do. Guys do not do this. If you see a guy with messed up hair...you shrug it off as a fellow guy. A guy isn't impressing ladies by their hair by any means. Women's hair can look pretty damn sexy....a guys hair wouldn't be right if it wasn't a little rough looking.

Quote:
I would have to if I wore a winter hat to work because my hair would be messed up and I would have to fix it again

Who does this. I can understand go to the bathroom and using the bathroom and noticing your hair is skwed to one side so you try to fix it. Going to the bathroom for the sole reason of fixing your hair....for a guy is weird to say the least. Who are you trying to impress?

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Of course it's possible. Just because you can't do it is no indication at all that it's impossible. I'm not sure why you continue arguing the point unless it's simply to be contrary and extend this thread as long as possible.
This guy (or woman) is on drugs!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2013, 07:05 AM

29,823 posts, read 24,902,718 times
Making a sudden diversion back to the original topic...

Up at 5:30 AM
Home at 5:00 PM
To bed at 11:00 PM

6 1/2 hours seems to be optimal for me. Any more and I feel "overslept", and often won't sleep well the next night.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:46 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,300,717 times
Quote:
How many hours of sleep do you get on work nights? I been getting about 5 hours a night but I think I need to increase that and improve my sleeping habits.

How many people who work a 8 hour shift really get 8 hours of sleep a night? I try to get in bed by 12:30am and be sleep by 1:30 to wake up at 7am.
I would be sleep walking if I went to bed that late. 8:30pm is IT for me. Work or no work. Wake up at 6am, sometimes earlier (4,5am) if I have a lot of Photoshop work to do. I can't stay up passed 8:30pm if you paid me. LOL......to add: and don't think I actually get to sleep from 8:30pm straight to 6am...I wake up 2, 3 times a night to pee and tell hubby to stop snoring....if ONLY I could go straight to 6am!!! LOLOLOL

Old 01-19-2013, 08:22 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times
When the OP makes a costly mistake on the job, maybe he will realize he needs to get a decent amount of sleep each night. Of course at this point he thinks they are paying him for his high maintenance hair do, so sleep be damned.

Old 01-19-2013, 08:23 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
6 or less.

Old 01-19-2013, 08:41 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by packer43064 View Post
I like to eat...screw the sleeping though.

Okay....make it 30 minutes. You wake up at 7am right? Say you leave at 8:30 to be in work by 9am. What are you doing for an hour and a half? Let me guess....fixing your hair.

He said he can get ready in 15 minutes.....not be at work in 15 minutes.

I wake up at 7am, lay in bed into 7:30am watching TV so I can allow my body to wake up
I go in the bathroom at 7:30am to shave and shower and other things and out by 8am

From 8am to 8:10am I dealing with my hair and face

by 8:20am I ready to head out of the door.

Old 01-19-2013, 08:46 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by packer43064 View Post
What are you talking about? What guy goes to the bathroom first thing to fix their hair after sitting in the car for a 15 or 30 minute commute? What is there to fix when your in a car with the windows up at 8am

A mirror at you desk? Do you understand that women have mirrors at their desk and look at them often because well that is what women do. Guys do not do this. If you see a guy with messed up hair...you shrug it off as a fellow guy. A guy isn't impressing ladies by their hair by any means. Women's hair can look pretty damn sexy....a guys hair wouldn't be right if it wasn't a little rough looking.

Who does this. I can understand go to the bathroom and using the bathroom and noticing your hair is skwed to one side so you try to fix it. Going to the bathroom for the sole reason of fixing your hair....for a guy is weird to say the least. Who are you trying to impress?

This guy (or woman) is on drugs!

when I go out in public it is important for me to look presentable,

The End

Old 01-19-2013, 08:46 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,828,036 times
I actually work nights but to answer your question, yes, I try to get a decent rest between shifts. I'm not always successful, but some is better than nothing. I don't know how people can live on so much less than a night's sleep.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:20 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,138,516 times
Quote:
when I go out in public it is important for me to look presentable,

The End
I'm a guy. It doesn't take me long to look presentable at all. 5 minute shower, get dressed, fix the hair. I'm done in about 20 minutes. The part that delays me is catching up on the market.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:11 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,258,252 times
When I was in college, I used to love staying up half the night. Hell, sometimes I'd start watching a movie at 3am and went to bed around 6am because I didn't have class until like 2pm.

But, now that I work an 8-5 office job, I NEED to get about 7.5-8 hours of sleep to feel fully functional at work.

I usually go to bed around 10:30 - 11:00 pm and wake up about 6:30am to be at work at 8am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment