Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 01:56 PM

18,917 posts, read 27,417,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GsisRockks View Post
Op, the robber is a suspect in 9 other robberies and it took a 55 yr. old security guard to finally help catch this guy? i would give this guy a medal and a full-time job to guard my belongings!
yeah, and you have not seen the guard. he's tiny little fella, and is right eye blind. as in - zero on the right side. smoker. you'd have never guessed.
See, we sort of start having same concern. depending on company policy.... and so on.
I sincerely appreciate suggestion on off-duty police work. Problem is - buddy is bad ESL also, he fears any applications and tests. does not fear armed robber, but fears all that. that's how it rolls down the hill with him.
reason I mentioned possible suite is he sort of nailed that robber hard. bet lawyers are jumping all over him now looking for opportunities. we all know they had suites like this before.
bank is closed for investigation now. we all are very curious, what it will end up in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 02:36 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,650,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
How was he not saving someone's life? A robber had a loaded weapon pointed at a bank teller's face. That's the issue here, not the bank's money.
The weapon was not real first of all. Second of all. Since the robber was robbing the bank for the purpose of acquiring money and not to take out the teller, it's pretty clearly the action which would lead to the highest probability of everyone(including the OP's friend) being safe was to do nothing.

Old 01-27-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
The weapon was not real first of all. Second of all. Since the robber was robbing the bank for the purpose of acquiring money and not to take out the teller, it's pretty clearly the action which would lead to the highest probability of everyone(including the OP's friend) being safe was to do nothing.
yep. that's the concern. and it's not the first robbery he was through. the first one he was outside, or something. they walked in, took what they wanted and left. next day, insurance company send trooper with exact amount to be replaced in bank.
of course, no one knew gun was fake. in such situation, anything look alike will work. but should it have been a real one, and jimmy buffet started spraying around with it...
yeah... beautiful justice do we live in here... I miss Russian approach - fff him up first, then ask "how can I help you? Sir?" too many "human rights protection" folks around.

Old 01-27-2013, 04:00 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,594,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
Yep... Usually there is a policy in place to comply with robberies.

On a side note... I bank there. Just not that day.

Small world.

Last edited by Kees; 01-27-2013 at 04:09 PM..

Old 01-27-2013, 04:03 PM

ha-ha. you likely saw the guard.
and you just jinxed your karma. sorry.

Old 01-27-2013, 04:04 PM

12,999 posts, read 18,853,443 times
The bandit will probably have a better life in prison that the guard.

Old 01-27-2013, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
ha-ha. you likely saw the guard.
and you just jinxed your karma. sorry.
Fixed it.

Old 01-27-2013, 04:13 PM

spit 3 times over the left shoulder?
seriously, never say things like this. bad omen.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:04 PM

I knocked on wood.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:28 PM

200 posts, read 481,521 times
He did the right thing. What's the point of being hired to look the part??? How lame. Either way, in today's U.S. culture, you can be sued for every little thing. For some strange reason, people have decided to let that fact affect their decision making for taking care of the society they live in. The fact of the matter is, if I were on the street being attacked, I'd want this guy strolling along because I know he'd help me as opposed to some other fake security guard who took the job because it was a job. Nobody knows what they'll do in any given situation until they're in it. Now he does, now we do, and it's all good. Next time, he won't accept a fake job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment