Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 11:38 AM

4 posts, read 8,822 times

Advertisements

I feel your pain. One thing you do have is a clean record, right? Because I refused to settle and just resign, had an admin hearing where I proved my side of the case, they sealed the hearing -- imagine that -- and terminated me. So here it's four years later, I have to put I was terminated on my job applications. But after four years of not working and about to go crazy because work is so necessary to me, I am going to apply for some jobs and see what happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2014, 12:49 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinreporter View Post
I feel your pain. One thing you do have is a clean record, right? Because I refused to settle and just resign, had an admin hearing where I proved my side of the case, they sealed the hearing -- imagine that -- and terminated me. So here it's four years later, I have to put I was terminated on my job applications. But after four years of not working and about to go crazy because work is so necessary to me, I am going to apply for some jobs and see what happens.

Yes, the op has a clean record and seven years that have passed, so hopefully things are on the upswing.

Old 03-01-2015, 07:42 AM

1 posts, read 795 times
Hi , I was recently accused of cheating on my time. My manager did not believe me after I even showed her my proof and she still did not believe me! i work at a big firm that does not tolerate this. Should I go to HR? I'm feeling that this is a personal attack against me. Help?

Old 03-01-2015, 08:24 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,420,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvroma View Post
Hi , I was recently accused of cheating on my time. My manager did not believe me after I even showed her my proof and she still did not believe me! i work at a big firm that does not tolerate this. Should I go to HR? I'm feeling that this is a personal attack against me. Help?
No HR will simply coach the manager on how to get rid of you, better cover her tracks and not get the company sued. HR are not the champions of work place justice. They are there to aid management and make personnel problems disappear usually by firing the worker involved.

Old 03-01-2015, 12:58 PM

126 posts, read 125,129 times
Employees mistake HR for being on their side, since they reasonably think that resolving their conflict will be better for the company's bottom line. And this line of thinking is actively encouraged by corporations: just read their mission statements and employee handbooks. They sound like they care, they'll help, they want a mutually beneficial, win-win environment. But it's all bull****. If you actually believe that stuff and act in accordance with it, you'll end up shooting yourself in the foot.

What employees need is someone who represents their side of the table. For real.

Old 03-25-2015, 12:09 PM

11 posts, read 11,355 times
I worked through a placement agency who placed me at a Fortune 500 company. For six months, I received nothing but compliments from both the placement agency and the Fortune 500 company. My manager at the Fortune 500 company complimented me at every turn, stating that "I saved the day" for him and that he was going to hire me permanently. The placement firm stated that I "made them look good." All of that was forgotten the day I came forward when night duty was introduced and I asked for reasonable accommodation. The day I talked to my supervisor at the placement agency about it, she accused me of "getting upset at her" and "needing counseling." I was floored. This was the first time any sort of accusation like this had arisen. When I asked her why she thought I was upset, she said she thought I had been staying at a hotel too long in making a move across country. This from someone who talked about my coworkers' problems to me at great length. I was never formally accused, but she evidently talked to my coworkers and manager at the Fortune 500 company that I had been upset with her. Within hours, the news of my "misconduct" was all over the Fortune 500 company. My contract, which was recently renewed, was terminated.

I hate to say this, but the only managers I've had trouble with happen to be female. In my 35-year career, I've had a new manager about every year. Three were women, and they all made trouble for me in what was otherwise an exemplary career. The cliche seems to be that women are mean to other women. This has unfortunately been very true in my experience.

Old 03-25-2015, 01:07 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,483,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCslicker View Post
What I'm accused of is definitely a serious offense. This other employee is saying she saw me accessing a secured area using my immediate supervisor's access code. I really don't know what her problem is with me. I don't know my supervisor's access code and really have no reason to go into the secured area. There would be nothing beneficial for me in any way...nothing to gain at all. I'm ready for it to be over with but will not be coerced into resigning. I love my job and get along great with all of my co-workers except this one individual. Hopefully, things will work out and I will get past this.
I can see the accuser saying that you accessed a secure area. I cannot see the accuser knowing you used your bosses code and I would mention it.

Knowing you used the bosses code means she saw the code you entered and that she knows the bosses code. If she knows the bosses code they need to find out why and see if she has reported this before. If not SHE may be in violation of something.

Old 03-26-2015, 08:54 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,734,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvroma View Post
Can you explain in more detail? Who accused you, what is their proof and what is your proof?

I had this happen once to me, I pulled the accuser and my boss into a room and asked her what she was talking about. She crumbled under the pressure because she was lying and came out the fool. My boss apologized to me and I knew to never trust this woman again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment