U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 09:46 PM

2 posts, read 112,860 times
Default False Accusation

How can a person defend himself against unwarranted charges of misconduct in the workplace? I'm being accused of a dishonest act that is entirely false. All I have is my word and hopefully my reputation as an excellent employee. I've only been employed by this company for 6 months though so the reputation may not have developed as of yet. I am in limbo waiting to find out the decision of my employer. I want to fight for my job but is it a fight that is win-able since I have no way to prove myself innocent? I don't blame my employer; she is going on the word of a long time trusted employee. I don't know how I've become the scape-goat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2007, 06:19 PM

1,860 posts, read 2,598,114 times
If it's her word against yours, then the boss shouldn't do anything.
I would simply tell the boss you don't know WHY this person has targeted you, but that you are innocent.
I'd try to avoid the accuser as much as possible, and if you HAVE TO be near them, try to have another person present, so that they cannot accuse you of doing anything. Good luck

Old 10-22-2007, 06:42 PM

95 posts, read 832,239 times
This happened to me last year after 6 years on my job. I was very dissappointed because my boss took a manager's word over mine. The manager was trying to cover himself and blamed me. My boss only took the manager's word because he was "management", and she told me so. It hurt like crazy and I cried for days (at home of course). It is the most helpless feeling in the world. I didn't get fired or "written up" because it wasn't that serious, but it did cause some "weird" feelings between me and my boss since she decided that I was the one lying. Oh, well... what can you do? It stinks but it happens. Believe me, I avoid that manager like the plague.

Old 10-22-2007, 07:13 PM

2 posts, read 112,860 times
What I'm accused of is definitely a serious offense. This other employee is saying she saw me accessing a secured area using my immediate supervisor's access code. I really don't know what her problem is with me. I don't know my supervisor's access code and really have no reason to go into the secured area. There would be nothing beneficial for me in any way...nothing to gain at all. I'm ready for it to be over with but will not be coerced into resigning. I love my job and get along great with all of my co-workers except this one individual. Hopefully, things will work out and I will get past this.

Last edited by KCslicker; 10-22-2007 at 07:22 PM..

Old 10-22-2007, 09:25 PM

4,609 posts, read 5,005,485 times
aww I am so sorry friend. That stinks.

I had a similar experience way back when. And in the end my boss fired me.
And 2 months later he fired the employee who was responsible for my termination.
I later found out that the employee who caused my trouble, had felt threatened by my skills and work performance and felt that they were out
shining hers.
For me it actually worked out better getting fired. I turned around immediately and opened a company I had been putting on hold for a bit longer.

So who knows why co workers pull this stuff, such a sad fact it has to happen. And again I am sorry for you friend.

As far as defending yourself, if there are other co workers that can vouch for you in anyway that would be a great help. And other than that try to get it across that you have no reason which will be beneficial for you to access that area.

I wish you the best friend

Old 10-23-2007, 05:17 AM

17,713 posts, read 20,463,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCslicker View Post
What I'm accused of is definitely a serious offense. This other employee is saying she saw me accessing a secured area using my immediate supervisor's access code. I really don't know what her problem is with me. I don't know my supervisor's access code and really have no reason to go into the secured area.
If this is a secured area where you need an access code then chances are there is a record of the access. Not to mention any surveillance cameras.

Hopefully the co-worker gave an exact time that you were supposedly trying to gain access. If they didn't,the first thing I would do is ask "what time do you claim I doing this"
Then request the log of accesses.
Remember it is up to them to prove you used the code, if they can't it is as someone mentioned a "he said she said". Can you take this higher up the "food chain".

Old 03-15-2009, 08:31 PM

2 posts, read 110,775 times
Default False Accusations at Work

I too have been recently accused of something that in no way happened. I was accused of exploding on a person. They can't tell who, the circumstances surrounding the (alleged) altercation as the CCM put it. Basically they say they can give me no information about it because then it could give away the person who stated there was an altercation. So, I am suppose to just simply trust HR and Management to do a rightous investigation, especially when the day before, I complained to HR about something Management did? Don't they have to prove you actually did something wrong to you somehow?

Old 03-15-2009, 08:41 PM

2,365 posts, read 7,458,181 times
Is it only women who try to get you fired from your job and spread lies?? Or do men do it to?? hmmm I can't believe it is only women....but in all of the posts above, all of them say "she" except for one.

hmmm

Old 03-15-2009, 10:54 PM

6,271 posts, read 11,768,125 times
what does exploding on a person mean?
Sounds deadly and painful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misheau View Post
I too have been recently accused of something that in no way happened. I was accused of exploding on a person. They can't tell who, the circumstances surrounding the (alleged) altercation as the CCM put it. Basically they say they can give me no information about it because then it could give away the person who stated there was an altercation. So, I am suppose to just simply trust HR and Management to do a rightous investigation, especially when the day before, I complained to HR about something Management did? Don't they have to prove you actually did something wrong to you somehow?

Old 03-15-2009, 11:47 PM

2 posts, read 110,775 times
Default explode defintion

I looked up the definition of explode and found some exampless. Basically it says to have an emotional outburst, usally loud. It means, at least to me, to yell or scream at someone, to get in a person's face and threaten them in someway. Here is a link to which I got some information on what that could mean.
exploding - definition of exploding by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment