Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2015, 09:38 AM

595 posts, read 1,256,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by soanchorless View Post
I've worked for all three. The work is mind-numbing...I couldn't take it. I was hired by Leapforce immediately after applying. Lionbridge took about three months. Appen-Butler Hill took maybe six months, and I was only offered a cloud source type work, which is the lowest paying and least dependable, so the more regular, hourly work might be better. Actually, there are tons of people who really, really want that work through Appen-Butler Hill. It's really demanding, but one of the best work at home opportunities, pay-wise. But expect a year or more before getting offered that type of work.

The main thing with Lionbridge and Leapforce is that the work is rarely dependable. You also have multiple types of "tasks," and all of the tasks have different guidelines and instructions. It takes so much time and mental energy to memorize these guidelines, and then they constantly change. You also can't charge for the time spent reading guidelines or instructions. I was finding that my hourly rate was around minimum wage, after I accounted for all the time I spend reading instructions, consulting guidelines, and keeping track of my tasks. I just hated it. The work is not something I could do full time or even probably 20 hours a week without pulling my hair out...but probably because I have a very low attention span. lol

However, there are lots of people who love these jobs and make good hourly rates. It is one of those things that either "clicks" or doesn't. For me, it didn't, but it's worth a try. It is really flexible and can be a good part time gig for extra money, but I wouldn't count on it as your only source of income.

And I never had a problem with getting paid on time. Although, some people have. They sometimes do "audits" I guess. You only can charge a certain amount of time for each task you do....if you charge more (even if you took more than that amount of time), they basically make you go back and change your time to fit their metrics. So they basically force you to work for free or fire you for not being productive enough.
But I agree either you click or you don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2015, 03:35 PM

3 posts, read 7,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally_Sparrow View Post
Thanks. I am a night person too, plus just busy in the mornings, most of my free time is after 5pm. And weekends!

I am not too concerned about doing this long term. I mean, it would be nice if it worked out that way, but at this point my focus is on picking up some extra money between now and July/August.
with Leapforce there is a minimum monthly number of tasks you must complete and the contracts are for 6 months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment