Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2013, 09:21 PM

17 posts, read 33,943 times

Advertisements

Hi I have a few questions. I'm currently a student and I've been looking for a good month for a job, and applied to several Walgreens and got interviewed and got job offers this few last days. The dilemma I have is that I just got a call from a Walgreens much closer to where I live (walking distance) and they told me that they were short on staff and wanted to interview me, but that won't happen until this Thursday 14th. Since I have no money (I had to borrow last and this month) I would love to work near home and save myself the transportation money, but like anyone would say I don't actually have the job in the location I want. I already rejected one job offer (the farthest from home) and now I gotta call back tomorrow for the one less far away to confirm if I accept the job.

Should I decline the second offer and take my chances on the one closest home? I desperately need to save my pennies anyway I can and would love to walk there, but I'm very worried since it's not sure and I might not get another chance at getting a job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2013, 10:10 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,392,410 times
Ummm...this is a corporation. You may have already burned this bridge by declining the first offer. If you decline the 2nd one, you will be taking a torch to the already smoldering remains of the bridge.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:44 AM

3,082 posts, read 5,437,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunny View Post
Ummm...this is a corporation. You may have already burned this bridge by declining the first offer. If you decline the 2nd one, you will be taking a torch to the already smoldering remains of the bridge.
This is not accurate IMO. She is talking about individual Walgreens stores. Although Walgreens is a corporation, these stores are not all in cahoots with each other. I doubt any one of the store managers are aware that the OP is in talks with the other stores unless the OP mentioned it to them.

To the OP, if you need the money ASAP, I would consider taking the first offer given to you. However, keep in touch with the Walgreens closest to you. If the one further away offers you something, feel free to contact the one closest to you and let them know that the other store is offering you a job that you might have to accept, but that you'd prefer to work there. If they are aware that you're very interested in working there, they might try to get you in sooner.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:06 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,522,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunny View Post
Ummm, no. Walgreens doesn't work that way. I have a friend that was interviewed for at least 2 stores. She turned one down because the hours weren't acceptable to her. Another store called the same day and she did take that job!

Old 03-12-2013, 08:42 PM

17 posts, read 33,943 times
Thank you everyone, I just told them due to my student situation (loans, lack of money, convenience to work at a walking distance) I would like to hold onto their offer unless I can get the one close to home, so basically I refused. I still got a couple of calls for other Walgreens, so if I end up losing this bet, I'll just take my chances with those and go farther from home. It seems that indeed it doesn't matter which Walgreens you go to because they all have different store managers

Old 03-13-2013, 07:06 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,428,541 times
Lucky you got it...some of us can't even get that.

Old 05-06-2015, 05:55 AM

1 posts, read 4,685 times
Why does Walgreen application want to know if you ever had a suspended license? If yes, would it be an absolute deny! Thank you.

Old 05-07-2015, 12:44 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,602,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howdyduty View Post
Why does Walgreen application want to know if you ever had a suspended license? If yes, would it be an absolute deny! Thank you.
This is probably referring to a pharmacy license, not a driver's license. Just put N/A (not applicable) in that box or leave it blank.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment