Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 04:19 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,429,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
You said you didn't want to use mass transit because it was going to take longer to get to work. That was a good indicator as to your motivation.
Like I said it sounds like you're getting ahead of things so you can bash people...I did not SAY I DIDN'T want to,I said it would take longer ( but it can be done). Better be careful or you could lose your brownie status you just won

Old 03-18-2013, 04:23 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,404,215 times
!

Old 03-18-2013, 04:27 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,404,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
You said you didn't want to use mass transit because it was going to take longer to get to work. That was a good indicator as to your motivation.

Oh, but if mass transit is available, by all means the OP should utilize it. Hey, he's no different than the other riders on the bus!

Old 03-18-2013, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Oh, but if mass transit is available, by all means the OP should utilize it. Hey, he's no different than the other riders on the bus!
I've ridden many a bus,and have seen more things than probably most others...

Old 03-18-2013, 04:49 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,878,330 times
Take it easy on this guy folks. Hes having a tough time trying to get to work when his car is down.. It ain't easy sometimes and I sure hope no one is ever in his shoes.. and others will be blasting you..

Old 03-18-2013, 04:49 PM

432 posts, read 1,228,435 times
Truth11 wake up to yourself! Time to get out of bed earlier and take that public transportation to work, even if it's part time minimum wage job.

Time to budget. If you can't afford car repairs, sell your car, you will have more money for public transportation and maybe even money to for the plumber.

Unexpected things come up for all people, this is where a budget helps. You have to live within your means which you and your other half appear not to be doing.

I like the poster where they said that they put $1 away in savings. Doesn't sound like much but once it builds up there is some money for the emergency stuff that comes up.

Time to wake up and take control of your life, your budget and your combined finances with your other half. Take control of your spending on non necessary things, come on spending money on fast food and your other half on weed...then complaining that you are too broke to get to work??

Most of the posters here were trying to assist you with suggestions to help you. And your replies...negative...defensive...not open to others suggestions.

Nope, no sympathy from me. Come back when you have found your own solution to get to work and let us know then!

Old 03-18-2013, 04:50 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,924,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
I've ridden many a bus,and have seen more things than probably most others...
I'm totally going to highjack this thread to lighten the mood.

I was riding the bus once, and there was a guy sitting in front of me touting the benefits of honey. He was like, "honey can give you the strength of 10 men and 10 women. Honey can give you the power of 10 horses!!" And he went on and on about how amazing honey was. Then he was quiet for a few minutes. Then I saw him literally chug a jar of honey like a frat boy chugs beer. lol

Old 03-18-2013, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
Take it easy on this guy folks. Hes having a tough time trying to get to work when his car is down.. It ain't easy sometimes and I sure hope no one is ever in his shoes.. and others will be blasting you..
Careful Frank,taking the side of the underdog could end you up 'not a member'

Old 03-18-2013, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2M View Post
I like the poster where they said that they put $1 away in savings. Doesn't sound like much but once it builds up there is some money for the emergency stuff that comes up.

Time to wake up and take control of your life, your budget and your combined finances with your other half. Take control of your spending on non necessary things, come on spending money on fast food and your other half on weed...then complaining that you are too broke to get to work??

Most of the posters here were trying to assist you with suggestions to help you. And your replies...negative...defensive...not open to others suggestions.

Nope, no sympathy from me. Come back when you have found your own solution to get to work and let us know then!

Nice way to justify your comments eh?...

Easy to tell people to do things you haven't or wouldn't do yourself...

Negative,defensive...I give what I get.

Old 03-18-2013, 04:59 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,335,170 times
Closed for Mod review.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment