Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 08:41 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,902,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavySeal77 View Post
Walmart should hire you on the spot unless they don't want you.
But they don't. It took me four weeks from the time I applied to when I actually started. I had three interviews, drug test and background check. They aren't just looking for 'warm bodies', believe it or not. When I worked in restaurants they would hire "on the spot" but even Home Depot takes their sweet time in the hiring process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2014, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1alker View Post
Don't forget a Walmart store get's hundreds to thousands of applications on a regular basis. Good thing is that Mcjobs like this tend to have a revolving door that rotates at warp speed so you will probably get in eventually.
Maybe some stores are like that but mine isn't. People who start there tend to stay. Right now, for the holiday season, we are inundated with newbies. Some will stay and some won't. Last I heard they had 160 apps to go through but they weren't "desperate" so they are taking their time. It IS kind of weird to look around me and not recognize so many people! lol

Old 11-19-2014, 03:24 PM

2 posts, read 11,792 times
I went to a Toys R Us Orientation and did not have a work schedule.so the
Hiring manager said he would call me
With it.by the way it was on a Sunday
And now its thursday.he said he would
Call on wensday.so should i call or wait
a couple more days.

Old 11-19-2014, 03:30 PM

5,342 posts, read 6,165,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfoush21 View Post
Its been a week since my interview, and still no word from Walmart. I took my two interviews and drug test all in the same day and the managers all said I got the job. I called them 3 days after the interview too check on the status of my application, but no one was in , so I left my name and number. Its now a week later, should I call or wait for them to call. I don't do drugs nor do I have a pass criminal record, I'm scared if I call again I would just be pestering them, but if I don't they will forget about me or they'll think I don't want the job.
Any advice?
Until the background check is complete and they set up an orientation class. If they gave you the drug test and submitted you for the background check unless one of those comes back with a flag you got the job. They won't forget about you.

Old 11-19-2014, 09:17 PM

61 posts, read 77,589 times
congratulation...

Old 11-19-2014, 10:11 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,758,884 times
Walmart hires people for the Christmas season this time of the year. They are probably waiting for business to pick up to the point they have to hire more people. If that is what they are doing, you will be getting a call right before or right after Thanksgiving which is next week as t heir business will go crazy about then for the holidays. Very possibly by Friday this week or Monday, to have you onboard for the biggest shopping day in the year, and they will need a day to get you ready to go to work.

Old 11-21-2014, 08:07 AM

2 posts, read 11,792 times
Default no call back

I had a orientation. at Toys R Us this past Sunday.everything went well,after the orientation the Hiring Manager to me to look on
The schedule board for my start date.we their was none so i told him and said he would get back to me in a few days with my
Schedule.it been five days and he have not called me,so should i call him or wait a little longer.Thanks for hearing me out.

Old 11-21-2014, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
Walmart hires people for the Christmas season this time of the year. They are probably waiting for business to pick up to the point they have to hire more people. If that is what they are doing, you will be getting a call right before or right after Thanksgiving which is next week as t heir business will go crazy about then for the holidays. Very possibly by Friday this week or Monday, to have you onboard for the biggest shopping day in the year, and they will need a day to get you ready to go to work.
The stores actually start holiday hiring long before Thanksgiving. We've been getting more and more since October. I am a trainer and have been training a 'newbie' a day for a little while now. There's a LOT they have to know before they are even allowed on a register. That involves not only all the orientation and being certified but a full eight hours AT a register. These days I can look around and not recognize half the people working around me! Thankfully I'm not the only trainer but I'd be willing to bet I'm a lot more thorough than most! Hopefully my trainees will make me proud.

Old 11-21-2014, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashleys6 View Post
I had a orientation. at Toys R Us this past Sunday.everything went well,after the orientation the Hiring Manager to me to look on
The schedule board for my start date.we their was none so i told him and said he would get back to me in a few days with my
Schedule.it been five days and he have not called me,so should i call him or wait a little longer.Thanks for hearing me out.
I would definitely give them a quick call. Are they hiring a ton of people and have a lot to get through? I still don't know my Thanksgiving/Black Friday schedule. All I know is that I WILL be working! Yeehaw!!

Old 11-21-2014, 08:33 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,824,355 times
I happened to start at a Walmart one time right before they were doing a remodel, and I got a call back pretty quickly. They'll want you to do a drug test and as soon as you do that, you'll be golden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search