Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 11:04 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,125,992 times

Advertisements

I think it's going to take some time and effort to get this doc from this VP so you should prepare yourself:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_***87Re7OT...400/Camp+1.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2013, 11:17 AM

2,091 posts, read 7,516,077 times
The op should have done what has already been said. Walk in like she had a clue and get the freakin document. Now its been proven that the op does not have a clue. Is not the person as written in the resume. Does not have the experience needed in this job and cannot anticipate potential issues to avoid them and cannot solve problems.

Old 03-22-2013, 11:25 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,612,994 times
Does this person have an Executive Assistant? Are you sure you weren't supposed to go through him or her?

Old 03-22-2013, 11:59 AM

318 posts, read 566,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Does this person have an Executive Assistant? Are you sure you weren't supposed to go through him or her?
For the THIRD TIME. Her Executive Assistant is out this week and there is no one to take her place. And I asked around and no one else has that document but her.

UPDATE:

The Executive VP slipped out and is gone for the next few days and my boss is ready to kill me for letting her slip out without getting that document. I walked by her closed door 15 times but in between the times I checked she slipped out and out foxed me. Now I am in serious trouble.

Old 03-22-2013, 12:08 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
1. The Exec was obviously highly irritated at your interruption as she was in the middle of things and didn't want to be distracted.

2. If you need something, you don't act like a timid cow, eyes all bugged out and squeaking out someone's name over and over. You clearly state . . . I can see I am interrupting you but my directive is to get the document Mr. X needs and so I have no choice but request it.

3. Then, if you still get no response, you could say something like . . . I can see your assistant is out and you are overloaded . . . is there anything I can do for you so you can take a second and get me the document?

4. THen, if you still don't get a response, you walk to the closest phone, call your boss and say - I am standing here with Mrs. XX right now and she is unable to provide me with the document. Would you like to speak with her?

(It's okay if you pretend to call your boss. Mrs. XX is not going to speak with him, anyway).

You then go back to your office, write out a MEMO and you document what occurred and state that Mrs. XX is impeding your ability to get your job done. Then you give your boss a copy and save a copy, so you will have the situation documented in case you get a bad evaluation from your boss.

You do this every time anything occurs on the job that will make you look like an incompetent fool.

Old 03-22-2013, 12:11 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
For the THIRD TIME. Her Executive Assistant is out this week and there is no one to take her place. And I asked around and no one else has that document but her.

UPDATE:

The Executive VP slipped out and is gone for the next few days and my boss is ready to kill me for letting her slip out without getting that document. I walked by her closed door 15 times but in between the times I checked she slipped out and out foxed me. Now I am in serious trouble.
Think, Spock, Think.

Do you even know what this document concerns?

Think this through.

Who created the document? Who compiled the information in the document?

Did Mrs. XX create the document?

If Mrs. XX created the document, all you had to say from Encounter One is . . . Mrs. XX was unable to give me the document. I have no idea why. I guess she doesn't have it completed.

If a different department created the document GO TO THEM, for god's sake.

I gotta ask this . . . this whole story seems fabricated. And here's why.

What large organization isn't emailing docs to others who need them? Why was this doc not in PDF format or Excel - whatever - and simply emailed to your boss? Since when did folks have to go stand somewhere for a document unless it is something like a contract with signatures, and even then, people scan them and put them in PDF.

I don't get it. If that document were so important, why didn't your boss just get it himself? Is there some reason he SHOULD NOT have access to it?

Old 03-22-2013, 12:12 PM

819 posts, read 3,207,912 times
Quote:
UPDATE:

My boss said that the Executive Vice President of Finance is in her office so I went by and the door was closed. I knocked but there was no answer. But someone who sits near by said she was in there. So I called and it went straight to voice mail so she has DOD on her phone, otherwise it would ring first.

I keep walking by to see if the executives office door is open but so far no luck. This is a real challenge. What should I do?

Hell, I'll get the document for you. Message me the address. lol
It's not as hard as you are making it out to be. This must be your first time in a corporate job.

Old 03-22-2013, 12:17 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,701,364 times
Quote:
I am tearing my hair out trying to figure out what to do and you call me names, troll. OMG!
If you are tearing your hair out about anything, it is what the next chapter of this story you are writing will be.

This is not a real situation. You are making all of this up.

Old 03-22-2013, 12:35 PM

2,135 posts, read 4,273,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdotAllen View Post
Hell, I'll get the document for you. Message me the address. lol
It's not as hard as you are making it out to be. This must be your first time in a corporate job.
Lol!

I could be 4 states over and get the job faster than the OP.

Old 03-22-2013, 12:44 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,125,992 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment