Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 10:07 PM

3,082 posts, read 5,438,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momotaro View Post
That goes both ways. So many people quickly attack employers, because it is cool to be against "the man".
And us regulars know who those people are and we can kindly not take them seriously. But for a new poster, just a few posts in on this website, cut them some slack for crying out loud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 11:05 PM

51 posts, read 105,112 times
Ummm, wow. Thanks to those who posted providing insight. This is really kind of pathetic. I clearly state that I am able to get along with most, who I happen to spend the most time with by th way, and just like work I am accused of being a liar. Short of humiliating someone there is absolutely no reason or cause to have been spoken to as less than adult or professional. The things that were said to me were verbal abuse and unprofessional. The bunny I don't know what your problem is, but you really have issues that have nothing to do with me. If I had said those things that were said to me would I then deserve it?

Excuse me for even posting. It's clear it's not appropriate to have a meaningful dialog on this forum. The PIP was presented after I complained about the verbal abuse. So much for all those so called degrees!

Old 03-21-2013, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkie View Post
Anyway, I'm calling it quits as this is getting way off topic and out of hand. OP, all the best. I'm rootin' for ya.
Thanks Techie so much. I didn't expect to come here and get beat up more after such a rough day. The bunny is asking to lock my thread I think. Is it really necessary? What is wrong with people?

Old 03-21-2013, 11:41 PM

The company is clearly not a good fit for you, OP. You can use this opportunity to find something better suited for you, where the people will respect you. You are better off that you will not be working there for the long term.

Old 03-21-2013, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunny View Post
Be as angry as you wish. Good, positive members of the team are not put on Performance Improvement Plans, as they are performing and need no improvement...or at least none worthy of official documentation. As you refuse to see this, and in fact attack me for daring to call this out, the only one losing anything in this is you. Both the job and the opportunity to take a look at what you did wrong are being lost.
What did the OP do wrong? Can you even say with certainty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_terry View Post

I called HR to report what I felt was a string of incidents geared toward putting me in my "place". I must give off the aura of thinking too "much of myself".

Director made a hostile comment of "if I were ever to mention X to certain someone's I would be fired".
She went to HR. That is what she did wrong. The OP should now know that she should not go to HR for any reason other than to fill out health benefits forms. HR is not there to help you with anything that might put the company at risk, they are there to protect the company. Hence, bunny's extreme disposition towards protecting the employer at all costs.

If you are, for example, sexually assaulted, you better not go to HR about it. They aren't going to do a thing to help you; they are going to be looking at every way to minimize the fallout for the company. Rather, you need to lawyer up and file suit against the manager/person who assaulted you and the company.

Last edited by Tekkie; 03-21-2013 at 11:59 PM..

Old 03-22-2013, 12:00 AM

4,400 posts, read 13,393,736 times
Good thing you have managed to keep all bias out of your responses.

That said, a PIP on the person who made the complaint only happens when the issue is continuing, or there are numerous issues that conversations were not able to achieve. The desired effect HAS happened. OP is aware there is an issue and is no longer able to ignore the conversations as the fault as others. Whether OP continues to behave in a way that leads to termination is up to her. But refusing to acknowledge her part of the issue is definitely not how to keep a job.

Old 03-22-2013, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Good thing you have managed to keep all bias out of your responses.

That said, a PIP on the person who made the complaint only happens when the issue is continuing, or there are numerous issues that conversations were not able to achieve. The desired effect HAS happened. OP is aware there is an issue and is no longer able to ignore the conversations as the fault as others. Whether OP continues to behave in a way that leads to termination is up to her. But refusing to acknowledge her part of the issue is definitely not how to keep a job.
this is not true. I had no prior conversations regarding this or warnings. Then one PIP they had a hodge pudge of junk due to this last incident!

Old 03-22-2013, 12:12 AM

4,400 posts, read 13,393,736 times
I don't buy that. You decided not to hear them as they were not "official", or came from the "whiny crybaby" you decided not to respect. That attitude comes through in your post, as I am sure it does in your actions toward these people at work. No company goes through the process of doing a PIP without warnings. Companies who do not warn prior to a PIP rarely, if ever, use a formal system of documentation.

I am thinking you decided you were not doing anything wrong, you decided they were out to get you, and you forgot to pay attention to your actions and attitude while paying a lot of attention to theirs.

Old 03-22-2013, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Call it a bully if you want, but I am also correct. Re-naming something to make it not true is not a solution. OP can continue as she has been at work. Although, I guess, I find myself asking how that is working for her? Seems to me, not all that well. Holding to the "rightness" of behavior patterns that will result in termination...hmmmm...seems like a bad plan to me.
The OP is going to be fine. This is just a bump in the road.

Old 03-22-2013, 12:30 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,968,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkie View Post
I'm not saying they do, but haven't you heard of giving them the benefit of the doubt? How much do you know about the OP? Nothing, that's right. And yet you automatically jumped to the conclusion that she was not telling the truth from the onset of this thread. You are extremely biased. Face it.
In order to give them the benefit of the doubt, logically I should give her "so called whiny colleagues" the benefit of the doubt, too.

When I saw "whiny" I read "yada, yada, yada". It should have been omitted by the OP. As Joe Friday would say "Just the facts, maam. Leave out the histonric adverbs and such.".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment