Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2013, 05:13 PM

2,091 posts, read 7,516,810 times

Advertisements

I owe yellow jacket a drink for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2013, 05:42 PM

1,583 posts, read 3,677,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughbay View Post
Yep, just like the people who claim to love diversity and other cultures but despise themselves and their own heritage.
I've never met anyone like that, but yeah, same idea.

Old 04-05-2013, 05:49 PM

1,583 posts, read 3,677,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireyourworld View Post
Ditto.

Old 04-05-2013, 06:40 PM

18,725 posts, read 33,390,141 times
Can only rep so many times but Yellow Jacket gets my virtual reps over and again.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:46 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
I see a lot of posters assuming that the mom is overly proud of her new baby or wants to show him off. Did anyone consider that maybe the mom has been cooped up at home and just wanted an excuse to get out of the house, or maybe misses her coworkers? Maybe the mom just wants some adult interaction.

Old 04-06-2013, 04:20 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,610,049 times
WOW.....What is this aversion to moms these days exactly??? I would be VERY embarrassed if I was the OP's mother for raising such an intolerant/ignorant person!...OMG...get over yourselves, she did not bring the kid to work and let the kid pee on your desk! did she? WOW.....Where I used to work back in Europe, Asia, many would bring their kids, and nobody ever had an issue! Why do Americans have such big sticks up their a$$es is unimaginable!

Old 04-06-2013, 08:40 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post

LOL and let me guess what's next. Your dad is bigger than my dad? I'm not the one doing the drilling but I am a part of the process. Tell your husband to have a crack. He has no chance in hell.
The point went over your head. It's that people are not always going to agree with what's valuable, and in your case important. Importance being an interesting aspect of this conversation. Further, you brought up environmental impact as an aspect of your argument when you are essentially a part of one of the biggest environmental polluters to our oceans and sea life, so that was odd on your part.

Quote:
So? Many do use it around the nation. Our state is a money maker through energy. Pays a crap ton of taxes on the energy revenues. So my state's tax dollars goes around the country as well. If it wasn't for an increase in military spending then the state would put even more in.
"So?" is the point I'm making. I really don't take issue with my tax monies benefiting others if it's not benefiting me. You, OTOH, take issue with that. It's a part of your "it's not fair" argument.

Quote:
Forcing co-workers to pick up the slack. Who said it was my business on how they spend their designated vacation but when parents are obviously getting other co-workers to pick up for them just because they think they have nothing to do. Then when the worker who had extra work thrust upon them complains. Then it becomes my business as a supervisor and project manager. It's my business to know why they took the extra time off. Our employees get 7 weeks vacation and may apply for more. You may also not use it all (or none of it) and get an extra bonus check back during the year on top of the overtime you received for it in your weekly check.
If you have people not doing their work for whatever reason then you report that to your management. People don't do their work for a million reasons. An across the board blame parents brush is nonsense. Statistically, I know that married men, who usually have families, tend to out perform their single counterparts and that working moms is the largest group of volunteers in the US. This makes sense to me since their is a greater investment in both work and the community. So, I don't really buy into the compromised productivity argument. Some people are just poor performers for various reasons. Anyhow, how people spend their time off is their own business.

Quote:
I don't care where you worked at. I said I knew I enough in the field of biological science as someone who graduates. I recognize that the medical field is always changing and updating itself. Same with technology. It would require some reading to catch up again as would you if you wanted to work in my field. I know what I know and it's quite a bit considering that I will never use it though. If I truly didn't know any about the process then I wouldn't have graduated.
You speak as if we have arrived at the entirety of knowledge, which can then be brushed up upon. That's just boloney. As scientists we have only begun to scratch the surface. That's just how it is.

Quote:
That's not the argument? That's what I was talking about at the very beginning. Helping people and I'm sure preventing death is helping them. Again, I said you're entitled to your opinion but you are easily impressed if some basic ability of most people is a miracle. Chris Rock said it best, "Even roaches have kids." I don't find defecation a miracle. Do you find defecation a miracle?
Really? I'm calling children names by using words which mean such in the dictionary. The English language is so mean.
I think you referred to children as shyte or turds earlier, or whatever. And I'm not really impressed that easily. If I can learn to do something, meh, it doesn't really impress me. A raw talent, physiology, anything I cannot control or learn to do on my own impresses me.I don't know what's so odd about that. That's not to say I don't value helping people. I most certainly do. I went into my field because I was interesting in contributing to my community and wanted to help people. The same goes for any volunteer work as well as my approach with animals (veg for decades, I have a few rescues). I care, but that's a different issue.

What I have learned from this discussion, which dawned on me this morning, is that it appears to come down to self-worth for a number of you. This is not something I considered previously. That's why claims about bad parents, taking credit for what a cockroach can do or anyone can do it comes into the conversation and I initially didn't understand why. It's why you, and others, are comparing deeds to pregnancy, birth, and ultimately family. I think that's the wrong approach and a false perspective.

For example, you have your girlfriend, I have my husband. These people and relationships will bring a richness to our lives, even meaning through new experiences. But, they cannot give self-worth or define who an individual is or what s/he's about. It's a consequence/result of who a person is, not a cause.

Quote:
Anyways, let us get serious. I don't have any issues unless trying to be your best at everything is an issue. More proof that you don't read my posts. It was a misdiagnosis even the psychologist in my recent appointment says that it's highly unlikely that you had OCD. The pills I took were a waste of time and money and they hurt more than they helped. I'm not mentally ill and I was misdiagnosed. He told me to stop taking any pills I had and just go on drug-free. Never had an issue.
It's way off topic to discuss your diagnosis, and according to you, you have OCD. Just last summer you were the one stating it along with your symptoms, but that's besides the point. The point is that accommodations were made for you; made way back in the day. I don't have a problem with that. If you or the next person needs something, let's see what we can do about it. That's the point of having a society, to help each other. We're not all going to have the same needs.

Quote:
Now while you're continuing to jump to conclusions. Let me also state that I never required accommodation. While you're calling me a hypocrite perhaps it is more suited to call you an idiot? I mean only idiots repeatedly jump to conclusions and make false assumptions. No, I was never treated or helped and I didn't have anything which required to be treated or helped. Well, physical injuries such as sprains and broken bones but no matter.
But, the group you belonged to did receive accommodations. Your missing what I'm doing here. You state that because I am having a child I therefore must be accountable to any person that has a child, even tho I will never receive any accommodation from anyone. I just flipped it on you. It was a throwing your own shyte back at you.

Quote:
Oh really? Your alma mater doesn't assure that you're smart. I know quite a few guys from Ivy League schools and they range like everyone else. Some are complete imbeciles and some are really smart people. I beat out people from WPI, Amherst, MIT, Caltech, UT Austin, McGill and York for my job back when I applied for it 4 years ago. The only thing that put me above the rest was my proficiency in foreign languages. I was just as (if not more in comparison to a couple of them) intelligent as everyone else but I could communicate to foreign customers better than everyone else. I'm sure they are intelligent people but it doesn't mean they should breed. I mean I was accepted into Stanford, Harvard, SMU and Cornell. Big whoop. That doesn't mean I should breed automatically. Your premise is idiotic.
It's not. Statistically, the best and the brightest reproduce the least. Stating that the planet is overpopulated with a segment of the population who will ultimately be dependent on a minority is not an argument that the minority should not reproduce. This isn't a difficult concept to grasp and yet you cling to this irrational position.

Quote:
In my state, you can't. So, no I don't. I don't see how I'm being smug.
Your choice to live where you do.

Quote:
I never said it was contest but when someone of your "supposed esteem and intelligence" can do the very same thing you do as a miracle. The word is definitely watered down. Show me a true miracle. You're right I will never compromise for you because I won't do it. I don't care if you spend your days in a portable toilet. I'm not angry or in discomfort but I don't want to have doing unnecessary things which have to do with other people. Again, more false assumptions on your end.
This is about what I mentioned earlier. Yes, it is a contest for you and a few others. You are competing for importance and value as a human being with something you simply cannot compete against and there isn't much I can say to that. It's your personal problem. It's so absurd to me. I don't understand how you cannot see how ridiculous it is. It's just weird.

Quote:
The only turd around here is me yet you are insulting the dead? I think it's highly unlikely that my mom was a turd considering my mother graduated Stanford University and worked in the Silicon Valley before her death. Now if you think I'm screwed up. and sad then that's fine but with someone who has such a warped view of the world then that's a good thing.
I do see you as warped and frankly, nutty to crazy. I can say "look at that beautiful sunset. My god, how magical is that?" or insert whatever. And you respond "Oh yea, well my mother went to Stamford. Top that!" That's what the lot of you are doing and it's bat shyte crazy.

Old 04-06-2013, 08:41 AM

Quote:
It might be a good idea for you to start looking within for your self-worth, rather than to others.

Old 04-06-2013, 10:33 AM

2,091 posts, read 7,516,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
It might be a good idea for you to start looking within for your self-worth, rather than to others.

Back atcha.

Old 04-06-2013, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Back atcha.
I'm not the one looking at others, or their lives, determining my value or their value as a contest or comparison. There is no commonality to share back and forth. If other people's trips, happiness whatever upsets you then that is a problem (your problem) imo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment