Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 10:47 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,337,762 times

Advertisements

Look, I am currently on a forced medical leave from work due to my severe depression and panic attacks. I didn't ask for it, my boss went to HR about it without me knowing. I had NO say in the matter.

I get six weeks of job security to resolve my mental issues. As of today (end of first week) I am currently NOT on a treatment plan. I honestly HOPE they fire me so then I can move to my city of choice and collect unemployment benefits. At least I could move and not be without income. Who knows. Maybe this will all work out for the best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2013, 09:03 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,827,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
She wouldn't give me medication because I REFUSE to not drink on the weekends. What the heck is so wrong with having a social life for gods sake? That psychiatrist was some lame old woman who just sits in a chair all day and night. It must be easy for her and her lame life to tell others to be miserable and bored on the weekends.

Many meds you should not drink when on them. I think you need to look at the what you need for your health because to be on leave from work due to depression is severe and meds could really help you. I understand that you want a social life and you can still have one minus the drinking. I have dealt with severe depression and anxiety and understand how hard it is. To get to a better place with it you need to find healthy ways to cope and be willing to try or do things in a different way. How do you see your life in 5 or 10 years? Do you want to keep starting and quiting jobs or having to go on medical leaves? Do you want to continue to move from state to state? I would think. Though I know you can be depressed and there not be an underlying issue many times there are and I am wondering if you have identified them? On a side note I can't recall did you say where you want to move to?

Old 04-20-2013, 11:14 AM

1,479 posts, read 2,719,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
I have suffered enough!!! For SEVEN YEARS!!! I hate it here so much I can not stand it.... It is painful to even look at anything.
Lol. Well, if it makes you feel any better I've been there. I waited four years to graduate college and get out of this hot, sweaty, brown desert hell hole called Phoenix. I moved to Denver but had to move back. Just hang in there and keep sending out resumes to Chicago or New York or wherever. Be patient, an opportunity in another city will come.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:51 PM

31 posts, read 82,501 times
I suspect moving to a new city could help with your severe depression and panic attacks...I think you should take care of yourself first while you have insurance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment