Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 11:47 AM

4,045 posts, read 4,426,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
if you salary is less than 500 a week, they are not buying loyalty.

and good for you, your better off.

no one should be working for a nut job, it isnt worth it.
Now the hard part will be trying to convince them of my side of things...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2013, 12:01 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,669,719 times
well, good luck! quitting a terrible job is one of the best feelings in the world, even if it is often immediately replaced by "what do i do now??"

i hope your job search is short!

Old 05-10-2013, 12:34 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,703,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
Well I did it...after much consideration I just emailed human resources my resignation.

I called into work this morning to let manager know I needed the day off to have my vehicle attended to and as predicted he threw a fit complete with profanities and I knew it just couldn't go on like this. And I couldn't just show up on Monday for the same cycle,so I took a jump without a net and with all hope if I hustle I'll be able to land something else very soon...
Wow, sounds like you worked for a great employer.

How do you feel right now?

Old 05-10-2013, 12:44 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,941,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
And while employers may be able to say whatever they want as long as it is true, most of them will only say, "Yes, they worked here from this date to that date".
That's true for larger companies with sophisticated HR departments, but a smaller or less professional places might bad mouth someone during a reference call.

The other thing they could say along with your dates of employment is that you are not eligible for rehire, which is not good.

EDIT: Oops, I just read the OPs latest post right after I submitted mine. Best of luck with your new job search.

Old 05-10-2013, 12:48 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,420,544 times
Agreed and most applications will force you to give your previous work location and supervisor's name. I'd either have a friend call or hire a reference investigator to document what they say about you and if they bad mouth you put together a cease and desist letter and send it to the person bad mouthing you and HR. That will stop it most of the time as most inteligent businesses realize not only is there no benefit to them for giving bad references but it gives them huge exposure to lawsuits.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
well, good luck! quitting a terrible job is one of the best feelings in the world, even if it is often immediately replaced by "what do i do now??"

i hope your job search is short!
Thanks,well I had been thinking and have a plan in place...just no job yet

Old 05-10-2013, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Wow, sounds like you worked for a great employer.

How do you feel right now?
Pensive,relieved,a bit anxious...

Old 05-10-2013, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
I'd either have a friend call or hire a reference investigator to document what they say about you and if they bad mouth you put together a cease and desist letter and send it to the person bad mouthing you and HR.
If only I could have done that while I was there,I know there was definitely alot of bad mouthing!...

Matter of fact,I've not yet heard anything from the email I sent earlier...if I recall the mgr was kind of buddy buddy with the HR person and probably kept them posted this whole time. I wouldn't be surprised if they were trying to get me to quit!

Old 05-10-2013, 01:22 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,703,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post

The other thing they could say along with your dates of employment is that you are not eligible for rehire, which is not good.
And of course, if and when that's said it's always assumed that the employee was the guilty party.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:26 PM

726 posts, read 1,228,673 times
The question they may ask is : Would you rehire this person?" If you don't give notice then the answer will be no. Also, it's easier to get a job while you have a job, so get the next job first, give notice, then split a few days early if you must.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment