Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2013, 03:35 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,393,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjretrac View Post
This is sad...I'm a black male and even I can see that this is obviously NOT racism.

It's comments like the OP's that ruin it for the rest of us. When we encounter legitimate racism, we're accused of "pulling the race card" because of petty instances like this
Agreed. As a white female from an upper middle class background, I have not had to deal with much racism in my life directed at me (a small amount of gender discrimination, but I would consider that more sexism) , but I believe it exists and that more importantly people believe it happens to them. But encounters like what OP mentions as being racist make me doubt, just a little, that every evidence that someone talks about was actually racist. And this is the point I made earlier...when EVERYTHING is racist, it dilutes the real racism that needs to be stopped because people are less likely to take the reports of racism seriously.

There is a fable about the boy who cried wolf...OP think on this for the day that you may face ACTUAL racism. I hope it never comes, but I am not naive enough to believe all racism is gone from the world. Hopefully you won't have cried wolf too many times to be believed.

Old 05-25-2013, 03:35 PM

35 posts, read 47,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
She talks to other black employees about things that are work related. I never see her socializing in the hallway on her way to the bathroom. She is either her office or someone else office talking about a report.
So she only talks to co-workers about work related issues?Thats not being racist,thats her doing her job.And I'm pretty sure socializing isn't one of her job requirements.

Old 05-25-2013, 03:45 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times
Quote:
Yes i think it can possibly racist.
Wait a minute!

Is this thread actually a baited trap for the 2 self-appointed alpha female snarling wolverines who have been henpecking you on CD for years? It seems custom made for them.

Old 05-25-2013, 03:53 PM

219 posts, read 430,946 times
I think the OP is an EEO Department's worst nightmare. I find it hard to believe he has not come across another racist co-worker. Based on his definition, I would think he comes across them daily.

OP - this thread speaks volumes about you as a person. You do not know people at all.

Old 05-25-2013, 04:00 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:
Actually kind of surprising since we are all adults and have to be in the same place for 8 hours a day but I see that it doesn't matter to some people. I was coming into the office and as I was walking down the hall a white female coworker was walking toward me and didn't speak. What happened was I went to make eye contact once we became closer and she was looking in the other direction. But it's cool since she has a right not to like black people so I will definitely make it easier for her and not even acknowledge her existence.

So it's a first time for everything in the work world and I'm sure this is not the last time I will meet someone like her. I just thought people atleast faked it until they arrived home since u r going to see the person everyday.

I been here six months and I believe we only had one conversation at a holiday party. lol
Maybe she is shy, or an introvert. I often will go out of my way to avoid people of all ethnic persuasions because I simply would rather not interact with them.

I may have absolutely NOTHING to do with you whatsoever.

20yrsinBranson

Old 05-25-2013, 04:05 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,028,361 times
Quote:
Actually kind of surprising since we are all adults and have to be in the same place for 8 hours a day but I see that it doesn't matter to some people. I was coming into the office and as I was walking down the hall a white female coworker was walking toward me and didn't speak. What happened was I went to make eye contact once we became closer and she was looking in the other direction. But it's cool since she has a right not to like black people so I will definitely make it easier for her and not even acknowledge her existence.

So it's a first time for everything in the work world and I'm sure this is not the last time I will meet someone like her. I just thought people atleast faked it until they arrived home since u r going to see the person everyday.

I been here six months and I believe we only had one conversation at a holiday party. lol
So let me get this straight.

Because she didn't acknowledge you and only spoke to you ONCE at a holiday party she's a racist??

You sound like those white guys that try to turn it around into a "it's because I'm White" thing when a black woman doesn't want to go out with them or find them attractive. Pathetic.

Old 05-25-2013, 04:06 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireyourworld View Post
I really wish you could hear yourself.
He needs to take a day and just read all of his old posts, and learn why the same shyt keeps reappearing in his life. Sadly, nothing is resolved just revisited by creating a new thread.

Old 05-25-2013, 04:18 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post

Because she didn't acknowledge you and only spoke to you ONCE at a holiday party she's a racist??

You sound like those white guys that try to turn it around into a "it's because I'm White" thing when a black woman doesn't want to go out with them or find them attractive. Pathetic.

For about the 10th time in this thread, I say it's a possibility that she could be racist based on how she just flies through the hallway to the bathroom and back to her office.

It LOOKS like she maybe racist which is what I said in the thread title

Old 05-25-2013, 04:18 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post

You sound like those white guys that try to turn it around into a "it's because I'm White" thing when a black woman doesn't want to go out with them or find them attractive.
Pathetic.
What?

You mean there are actually black women out there who do not hope to win "white boy Lotto" or are not looking for their own personal savior white Jesus to marry them and take them away from it all? Oh the disappointment out there to the white men who are convinced they are all that!

Old 05-25-2013, 04:19 PM

2,091 posts, read 7,517,433 times
Lol looks like she really just needs to pee and get back to work and doesn't care for you observing every time she pees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment