Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 01:49 AM

349 posts, read 274,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirette View Post
Don't do it. Not to be the bigger person, not because you shouldn't kick someone when they are down - some people deserve to be kicked.

Rather, don't do it out of self interest. Provoking a sociopath is risky. Needlessly making an enemy - someone who particularly hates you, and wants to do you harm - is idiotic. The stunt with sticking him with the dinner bill would truly lower you to his level.

The brief feeling of vindication is not worth creating hatred.

The reason for that idea is it would directly demonstrate to the poor worker exactly what it feels like to be on the receiving end of his personality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2013, 01:31 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,542,738 times
Given that this person sounds like such a jerk, imagine if you sent him a text and then he decided to forward that to everyone at your workplace.

If you were ever to say anything to him, the only way you should ever do that is in person, and calmly (don't cause a scene). Then there would be no record of it.

But I agree with everyone else that you need to just walk away and forget this guy. It will give you practice for the next time you encounter someone like this at work, and trust me, eventually you will.

Old 06-03-2013, 01:35 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
So this kid I hate more than anyone I ever hated is probably getting fired next week. He called in today and they had me (well, not really, I volunteered to) do all his work he neglected for the past month. He is a sociopath, which is great for politics, not so great for the real world. Never have I ever seen such a liar IRL, and he did fool me his first three months.

I do have his cell number. WHEN he gets fired next week, and I'm sure it's the final straw, do I gloat? I so do not want to sink to his level, because it is seriously low. He is one of the best actors I have ever witnessed in my life and got 2 people fired before management finally caught on to him. In addition, he is a racist and sexist but like in a sneaky way and will lie about literally anything including dumb ****.

Do I take the high road and pretend he never existed or text him my true thoughts after his stupid racist misogynistic ass finally gets fired? I have seen my friends that he backstabbed get fired but I have stayed out of the drama up until now. But once he is fired and is no longer with the company, is it a free for all? Am I sinking to his level if I call him out?

I want to so bad. I am sickened that he will get unemployment and I almost want to encourage my company to block his claim.
No.Tthat would just mean you stir the pot also. Right now your just thinkling about stirring the pot;but just get on with your life and work.

Old 06-03-2013, 05:01 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,300,458 times
Quote:
Thanks for the advice everyone. I deleted his number from my phone so I do not do something I regret later and I hope what I think will happen tomorrow happens. If not he must have blackmail on our CEO or something lol. I will keep y'all updated...
Well it's "tomorrow." So what happened? Hope he did not find a way to weasel his way into staying employed there to torture you more ...

Old 06-03-2013, 08:13 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,446,691 times
Awkward....

Old 06-04-2013, 01:07 AM

349 posts, read 274,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
Given that this person sounds like such a jerk, imagine if you sent him a text and then he decided to forward that to everyone at your workplace.

If you were ever to say anything to him, the only way you should ever do that is in person, and calmly (don't cause a scene). Then there would be no record of it.

But I agree with everyone else that you need to just walk away and forget this guy. It will give you practice for the next time you encounter someone like this at work, and trust me, eventually you will.

So the OP should practice accepting jerks and letting them get away with it?

Old 06-04-2013, 01:25 AM

2,633 posts, read 6,398,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poweramplifyingionairline View Post
So the OP should practice accepting jerks and letting them get away with it?
How else do you think society has dealt with you?

Old 06-04-2013, 01:52 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,965,703 times
Nope ... just forget him. In all my years working with people like that they always get caught eventually. They may be able to slide by for a little while but things do catch up with them eventually. I would not make any contact with him and just block him from your phone. You never know how a nut like this will react and you could end up with a stalker feeling like you got him fired. Take the high road you are better than him.

Old 06-04-2013, 01:57 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Awkward....
He's still there?

Old 06-04-2013, 06:58 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,425,894 times
Absolutely do not contact him. If you send him nasty communications he could use that as proof of a hostile working environment/harassment and turn arround and sue the company for firing him. Then your kneck will be on the line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment