Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 10:01 PM

2,845 posts, read 6,001,331 times

Advertisements

You have to just say "I am human, I made a mistake, but it's OKAY."

There is no use on dwelling on something that happened in the past, you can't change it, so you move on. Learning from your mistake is another good method.

You have to figure out a way to move on or it's going to really hurt you. What do you have to gain by dwelling on it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2013, 10:25 AM

23,399 posts, read 23,819,817 times
I don't. I learn from them and move on.

Old 06-08-2013, 02:46 PM

1,761 posts, read 2,600,552 times
Learn from them and move on, but it is really hard sometimes when the parents bring up the mistake-its almost like they do it just to mentally torture me.

the way I see it, I have no conceivable way of traveling back in time, nor do I know anyone who owns a time machine and is willing to allow me use of said time machine, so why the hell mom and dad do you keep bringing up the past? Yes I regret, I regret it deeply and I wish to god I could somehow go back and change it. I am aware of my mistakes, I have learned from them so will you please stop bloody bringing them up, it serves no other purpose than to destroy my self esteem for that day.

I swear its almost as if the parents get kick, a high out of bringing up past mistakes. So yes personally I try to learn from them, I believe I learn from them and move on, but my god do the parents test me sometimes

Old 06-08-2013, 03:17 PM

1,843 posts, read 3,051,555 times
Ah yes, my mother is a fan of bringing up past mistakes.

Old 06-08-2013, 03:53 PM

4,640 posts, read 11,903,321 times
My work is audited and every week or so I get a list of errors that I've made. I rarely know how many things I got right or my quality percentage. It annoys me to no end. At first, I would obsess and end up making more mistakes. Now, I just get annoyed for 5 minutes and move on. I do my best. I don't make mistakes on purpose. I don't think anyone else does either. You just have to move on.

Old 06-10-2013, 03:33 AM

7,971 posts, read 7,328,574 times
I used to fret about the most minor mistakes. I am a cook in a high school cafeteria, and I've overcooked (sometimes burned) or overseasoned a few things, dropped a couple of trays of chicken patties or hot dogs on the floor, (I once spilled half a pan of scalloped potatoes), screwed up or forgotten an order to an outside school, etc. All my supervisor cares about is, "Did you get burned?" or "Did you cut yourself?" I answer no, and the response is usually, "Oh, well, sh*t happens". Or, "Who cares, it's only food." Now, on the rare occasions I still make such boo boos and am tempted to get upset, my co-workers yell in unison, "What do we say about it?"

"Sh*t happens!!!!"

"It's only food!!!!"

At my former job (where I was a legal secretary), at the time they were trying to get rid of me, I was suddenly being told, "You've been making a lot of mistakes!" When I asked them to specify, they seldom did/could point out anything specific. My job frequently entailed transcribing property descriptions from surveys in the preparations of deeds. Once, my boss went ballistic accusing me of preparing deeds with the property descriptions being "full of mistakes". Turns out, the moron was comparing the descriptions to the WRONG SURVEYS!!!!!

And no, I didn't get an apology.

Last edited by Mrs. Skeffington; 06-10-2013 at 03:47 AM..

Old 06-10-2013, 05:38 AM

2,702 posts, read 2,755,909 times
The mistake I made with my temp job eats away at me even though I should move on. My uncle says that it happened already and I didn't like the location but I still feel like crap whenever I think about it. I learned not to take things lightly.

Oh, and my grandmother and uncle are fans of bringing up the past as well. If I had pursue a better degree instead of English, I would be in a better position right now. There's not one minute that goes by where I don't hear that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment