Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2013, 12:21 PM

1,111 posts, read 2,332,480 times

Advertisements

I just got offered a job as a payroll auditor in the finance sector. It's entry-level, so it doesn't pay much. And from what I've been told, the bulk of the entry level position is data entry and it eventually accumulates audits with experience. I'm fine with that, but what I am more concerned with is the career ladder there after. Is this a lucrative career path? Does this industry provide many opportunities and pay well in the long run? I do not know anyone who is an auditor, so if anyone has input that would help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 12:47 PM

2,682 posts, read 4,480,611 times
I'm work in accounting/finance. Since it's entry level, I wouldn't concern yourself too much with the career path at the moment. I assume you are young. What you need to do, is get in there and learn as much as you can about the finance department. In about a year, you will have a clearer picture of what opportunities there are in the field. The year after that you should try to make a transition into the position you want.

There are all forms of audit. In companies, there is usually an internal audit department. I haven't worked in that position, but I hear some love it and some find it utterly boring. Again, you need to explore and learn and eventually your interests and strengths will become evident.

What is your job description? A lot of entry level positions are mostly data entry - someone has to do it right. Spend some time researching and learning software that can automate some of your processes so have more time to spend learning other things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment