Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 04:21 PM

4,003 posts, read 6,100,078 times

Advertisements

Honeslty in my experience most people take it easy on you the last two weeks especially if they need you as you really could say ********* and walkout and if they need you to train your replacement or fill the gap til they get things sorted out they don't wanna push you out the door.

Honestly at this point you have nothing to lose. I wouldn't walk out and possibly ruin a reference but what do you have to lose, I'd confront the boss and basically explain exactly what you explained to us. I'd say if you don't want me here I'm more than happy to consider today my last day and leave, I've ejoyed working here and enjoyed working with you and wnated to leave on good terms and help out with the transition.

I find most people if confronted and called out will be a litle nicer or maybe she'll just tell you to leave in which case you kinda get what you want anyway
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2015, 04:41 PM

405 posts, read 573,344 times
When I put in my 2 weeks my boss thought it would be good to turn me into her assistant. Problem is I still had goals that needed to be completed, I helped her for a little bit but I turned into a data entry clerk. I was really helpful in trying to find someone, I even posted an ad for the job for them. After a few days I got really annoyed, I told her boss and he talked to her about it, he let me use the rest of my vacation to leave a few days early. So do talk to HR about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment