Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 09:27 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,481,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by parried View Post
There is job placement and recruitment provided upon completion of this. I don't know if it's as easy as you say, though. Are you into CNC yourself or just familiar with it? and companies training someone like me off the bat? I wish. I've seen a couple CNC ads on my local craigslist and alot of them want someone with 5-10 years experience.
Friend read the red line and start your own thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 05:53 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
The many people I have known and do know who work more than one job (some even work three) have had very few problems maintaining their respective schedules.

I'm not sure how relevant the issue of an employer "allowing" an employee to have a second job is. In my experience the employers who stipulate that their employees are not to have other jobs are in the minority and such rules generally apply to senior staff who wouldn't be in the running (nor have the need) for second jobs anyway. Most employers have no problem with an employee taking on a second job as long as their work doesn't suffer as a result of it.
I was more or less talking about being on call for all hours rather than just being outright you cannot have a second job. There are a number of employers that want full availability (or as close as you can get.) If it is a second job or a first job (with the intention of getting a second) that could be a bit of a problem.

Old 07-22-2013, 02:51 PM

1,923 posts, read 2,410,115 times
That's what I've been telling people here. Every application you put out you have to be flexible with the hours. If you can only work 3 days a week from 12-3, you aren't going to be taken seriously.

Old 07-22-2013, 04:45 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parried View Post
There is job placement and recruitment provided upon completion of this. I don't know if it's as easy as you say, though. Are you into CNC yourself or just familiar with it? and companies training someone like me off the bat? I wish. I've seen a couple CNC ads on my local craigslist and alot of them want someone with 5-10 years experience.
As mentioned, you need to either send PMs or start a new thread. This is not the proper thread to ask for career advice. Yes, companies will train. The ads asking for years of experience are not entry level. In most cases, they are either set up operator jobs or machinists jobs. There is plenty of info available online, as well as several other members who are CNC machinists who well never be able to help you on the 13th page of yet another "there are no jobs" topic.

Old 07-22-2013, 05:24 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Another thing about double even triple jobs is that these do hurt others because they can could be given to someone who is looking for a single job at the time rather than have two jobs per people in the lower end of the wages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment