Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2013, 02:04 PM

2 posts, read 2,260 times

Advertisements

Okay, so I have an interview coming up with one of the managers with U.S. Bank for a mutual fund administration position. I want to do as much homework before the interview as possible, so that I could increase my chance of landing this (from what I can tell) awesome entry-level job.

According to a few online sources I will be: Calculating NAV of funds, pricing securities at current market value, preparing semi-annual and annual reports to shareholders, and preparation of SEC filings/reports, among other things. If anyone here has experience working in this type of setting, I was wondering if you could give me some inside info on what a job as a mutual fund administrator for a company like U.S. Bank might entail, what are some skills that I can touch up on before the interview, and what are some things that the hiring manager might want to hear? I have done some of my own research on the website and on google, but would really appreciate the insight of someone who has been there and seen it first hand.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2013, 02:44 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,550,016 times
Excel spreadsheets, definitely

Old 07-26-2013, 03:40 PM

26 posts, read 69,333 times
Should know about the internal rev code, various regulatory forms, forecasting and analyzing and general IRS and SEC rules

Old 07-26-2013, 05:40 PM

2 posts, read 2,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin0023 View Post
Should know about the internal rev code, various regulatory forms, forecasting and analyzing and general IRS and SEC rules
Could you elaborate on that a little please? What parts of the internal revenue code would they expect me to know? And which specific regulatory forms?

Old 07-26-2013, 05:45 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,550,016 times
SEP IRA and other eligibility requirements

Old 07-26-2013, 08:29 PM

13,131 posts, read 20,984,674 times
Go to that company's website and download a copy of one of their Mutual Fund Prospectus. Read the general sections and one or two of the specific fund sections. When you come across something you don’t understand, research it so you do understand it. Do the same for an Annual Report. I bet the majority of the needed knowledge base is within those documents. Best of luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment