Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 11:08 AM

10,137 posts, read 17,468,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapcharly View Post
The problem with you guys is you don't want or don't understand that if you want a job u need to leave USA.

Staying in your country is finished. Now we are all unified. If you get a job in Asia, you must go. Africa or else.

I got jobs in Asia and I really like it. In fact I was making good money.
Now I going back again.

Usa will be desolated because you don't control your US government and you have no balls to take your country under control.

You are now indoctrinated with rules and laws. What companies do you think will come to USA to start a business.?
I am actually trying to look into sales/business devolpments ops in Singapore or HK and everyone wants exp selling in that area and foreign languages so that makes it next to impossible. If you have any ideas I am open because you are right people I have know of that broke into that job market are happy, much less competition because it's emerging.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2013, 11:29 AM

341 posts, read 674,655 times
Quote:
The problem with you guys is you don't want or don't understand that if you want a job u need to leave USA.

Staying in your country is finished. Now we are all unified. If you get a job in Asia, you must go. Africa or else.

Now I going back again.

Usa will be desolated because you don't control your US government and you have no balls to take your country under control.

You are now indoctrinated with rules and laws. What companies do you think will come to USA to start a business.?
Nailed it.

Old 08-09-2013, 11:40 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,869,923 times
Quote:

Now I going back again.

And you are bitter because you were sold a set of good for coming to America but didn't get it. Is it tough in America, yes but many other nations are struggling too. I am not even talking about China and India because those are the two emerging markets that are still able to boom in this post-recession era. I do say that moving to another country is a timely and money spending process. It is not something you can really do over night as oppose to maybe moving within a state or to another neighboring state.

Old 08-09-2013, 11:54 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,657,286 times
Good Lord, cheapcharly, haven't you yet had a bellyful of hopping onto every thread you can find which even remotely gives you the opportunity to start spewing your same old rhetoric. You managed to come to the US, you didn't like it for a slew of reasons - we got it. The problem with you is that you're stuck with an unhealthy obsession you can't seem to shake. Maybe you should start looking into some professional help before you have a total meltdown.

Old 08-09-2013, 02:26 PM

329 posts, read 460,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Good Lord, cheapcharly, haven't you yet had a bellyful of hopping onto every thread you can find which even remotely gives you the opportunity to start spewing your same old rhetoric. You managed to come to the US, you didn't like it for a slew of reasons - we got it. The problem with you is that you're stuck with an unhealthy obsession you can't seem to shake. Maybe you should start looking into some professional help before you have a total meltdown.
Maybe... But your problem is your stocked mind.

One day a guy call me to come to Asia. 2 weeks later I was there working full time. Full contract. Hotel paid by company. Said good buy to my friends, lady,... And took a flight.

Later I went to USA , everything was set. I got nothing. People despised me, ignored me. So I left. I was unhappy In the USA and looking for full time job for low money, after paying for car, insurance, health-care... It was not worth. It s a shame, because I liked the USA so much but usa became too expensive to make a normal living.

Now I m moving back to Asia again(I like a lot too) . Last week I got an e mail with an interview date already set . I had to delay it.

It s not hard to look for a job outside your country . Plenty of my friends and many have kids who live in Asia or else(and are very happy) . I could get a job in south Korea too. Lot of USA guys working there.

USA is becoming a flipping burger country as OP says, but look at what you can do? . You speak English, you all have skills,... Move where people need you. ...

First thing I suggest you is to look for a job worldwide. Not only in English spoken countries... Do you think I speak Chinese or else...? I don't, I always speak English in Asia.

I know it s sad to see what s going on in the USA. But crying and lamenting like babies will not bring jobs. You need to go where the jobs are. You need to set plans for the next 10 years or 20 years.you think if you wait with low paid jobs it s going to be better? . Maybe... But what if not.? What if fuel goes up to 10 bucks a gallon.? Like in UK!

Old 08-09-2013, 02:46 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,657,286 times
Quote:
I have no idea what you mean by a "stocked mind" but you say it as though it's a detriment. Conversely, I think my mind is pretty well stocked with some pretty good stuff which I find very useful.

Have a good time in Asia and those us who continue to live in the US will just blindly muddle along. Maybe when you get there you can find some nice positions for those interested in leaving these shores. Hopefully the Green Card you turned in (or are planning to turn in) will free up a space for someone who'll enjoy this country more than you. Bye!

Old 08-09-2013, 04:01 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,468,497 times
Quote:

One day a guy call me to come to Asia. 2 weeks later I was there working full time. Full contract. Hotel paid by company. Said good buy to my friends, lady,... And took a flight.

Later I went to USA , everything was set. I got nothing. People despised me, ignored me. So I left. I was unhappy In the USA and looking for full time job for low money, after paying for car, insurance, health-care... It was not worth. It s a shame, because I liked the USA so much but usa became too expensive to make a normal living.

Now I m moving back to Asia again(I like a lot too) . Last week I got an e mail with an interview date already set . I had to delay it.

It s not hard to look for a job outside your country . Plenty of my friends and many have kids who live in Asia or else(and are very happy) . I could get a job in south Korea too. Lot of USA guys working there.

USA is becoming a flipping burger country as OP says, but look at what you can do? . You speak English, you all have skills,... Move where people need you. ...

First thing I suggest you is to look for a job worldwide. Not only in English spoken countries... Do you think I speak Chinese or else...? I don't, I always speak English in Asia.

I know it s sad to see what s going on in the USA. But crying and lamenting like babies will not bring jobs. You need to go where the jobs are. You need to set plans for the next 10 years or 20 years.you think if you wait with low paid jobs it s going to be better? . Maybe... But what if not.? What if fuel goes up to 10 bucks a gallon.? Like in UK!

Ok so how does someone, like me, who has a lot of high tech sales exp and awards to back it up, break into this markets, seriously? Because I have no family, no connections, and don't know the language.

I agree with your viewpoint in that there is much more opp. in Asia. A former co-worker's friend got lucky, got hired by a start up, and is not selling cloud, SaaS, you name it in Singapore. And he's well north of 100k I heard.

Old 08-09-2013, 05:53 PM

1,923 posts, read 2,408,439 times

Old 08-09-2013, 07:17 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,938,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkie View Post
What's sad here is that only about 30% of Americans have a Bachelor's degree and that's considered "too many".

Source: Bachelor's Degree Attainment Tops 30 Percent for the First Time, Census Bureau Reports - Education - Newsroom - U.S. Census Bureau
If you think about the type of jobs that used to require college degrees, 30% IS a lot. For a long time it used to be that college degrees were needed for the professions (doctor, lawyer, engineer, etc.) and upper level management. While I don't have the data to prove it, I suspect that the professions and upper management are less than 30% of all jobs.

The reality is that most of the jobs that now "require" a college degree don't actually require one to get the actual work done. Most people have jobs that can be learned through experience and repetition rather than study. The only reason jobs like retail managers "require" college degrees is because it serves as a useful way to thin the applicant piles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Now, I'm going to bust a myth of yours. Rising tides used to lift all boats, but they don't any more. In the olden days (1960's and 1970's) increasing GDP did benefit everyone in America through wage and benefit increases. No more, due to high technology, a decline of unions, and the escalating cost of health care its documented in the last decade in this country that the wealthiest people in this country enlarged their share of the economic pie, but middle class families lost ground. In short, business has found a way to keep that "growing economic pie" from trickling down to the middle and working classes.
The left points to the US economy in the 1950s, 1960s and, to a lesser extent, the 1970s as the way the economy would be if we just let leftists run the economy their way. What they fail to point out is that the only reason unions were able to extract the wage and benefit increases that they could was because the US was pretty much the only industrialized nation around for quite some time after WWII. Asia had not yet industrialized and Europe had pretty much been completely destroyed and had to start from scratch.

In other words, the economy that the left points to as the norm under liberal leadership was actually an extreme aberration caused by the most catastrophic war in human history.

Last edited by War Beagle; 08-09-2013 at 07:26 PM..

Old 08-09-2013, 08:53 PM

1,248 posts, read 4,055,807 times
The economy of the 1980s was created as a result of the economy of the 1970s with soaring inflation , crime rates and investment collapsed

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment