Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 10:42 AM

457 posts, read 643,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
I wonder why them and now us stopped having kids:

Child support in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Because of course its all about the non working mom who is shacked up or remarried to a new guy and the kid and not the guy who is actually generating the national GDP. If the nation punishes the actual productive members of its society then this is what you get. No one told the govt they needed to provide welfare for single moms which is what spawned the child support movement and thus the disincentive to work and future men to be very careful to not have children.

We live in a child centric socity where children having the latests toys and gadgets are considered a "need" and we make the GDP creators pay for it. If the family falls apart then everyone suffers including the kids, thats life. Maybe the mom/wife should have tried a little harder to keep things together.
It would be nice if there were some kind of policy under which, those who couldn't afford kids would, get this, NOT HAVE THEM. And be forced to go out and get a trade, go to trade school, get their noses in a book somewhere, get either a diploma or a degree, something. Hopefully something employable (in this economy, ha ha, I know). If you know you can't afford to have kids, get this: don't get pregnant. What's so hard about that - the stuff is available at DOLLAR TREE for God's sake. I mean they're not even TRYING. (in the world I've gotten schlepped into against my will and against my better judgement).

And yes I know, women get suckered into thinking, believing (WANTING to believe, maybe?) that the guy is going to support them or the State will. RE-married? In most minority communities these days there's no FIRST marriage to begin with, so no RE-marriage can take place.

Let's see, don't start HAVING babies unless you're properly married to someone who can properly support all of you, what part of that was so danged "wrong" according to the feminist movement or what the heck ever movement got us into this current societal predicament???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2013, 10:17 PM

29,703 posts, read 24,793,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1969 View Post
It would be nice if there were some kind of policy under which, those who couldn't afford kids would, get this, NOT HAVE THEM. And be forced to go out and get a trade, go to trade school, get their noses in a book somewhere, get either a diploma or a degree, something. Hopefully something employable (in this economy, ha ha, I know). If you know you can't afford to have kids, get this: don't get pregnant. What's so hard about that - the stuff is available at DOLLAR TREE for God's sake. I mean they're not even TRYING. (in the world I've gotten schlepped into against my will and against my better judgement).

And yes I know, women get suckered into thinking, believing (WANTING to believe, maybe?) that the guy is going to support them or the State will. RE-married? In most minority communities these days there's no FIRST marriage to begin with, so no RE-marriage can take place.

Let's see, don't start HAVING babies unless you're properly married to someone who can properly support all of you, what part of that was so danged "wrong" according to the feminist movement or what the heck ever movement got us into this current societal predicament???
Seems to me many of the productive members of society are, get this... Not having kids! Why??? Because, umm, they are expensive maybe? And besides, these folks are busy paying for everyone elses kids. Makes it even more difficult to raise and feed your own children. Mean while, the dead beats are pumping them out like the good times never ended. Go America!

I'm thinking about settling for a dog. I know too many parents who've went, or are in the process of going broke trying to put their kids through college.

Old 10-07-2013, 12:16 AM

329 posts, read 459,522 times
The system is not working guys. System is collapsing.

It s like asking flipper burger to pay tax so flipper burger can get job and pay tax... What a joke!

USA and Europe became a society of services.

It will not work.
I can prove it.

Old 10-07-2013, 12:26 AM

10,137 posts, read 17,443,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapcharly View Post
The system is not working guys. System is collapsing.

It s like asking flipper burger to pay tax so flipper burger can get job and pay tax... What a joke!

USA and Europe became a society of services.

It will not work.
I can prove it.
Yes the job market is tough and in the EU as well. But I know of several in the EU that make 6 figures and get 6 week off with a lot of other perks.

Old 10-07-2013, 09:00 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,137,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
Yes the job market is tough and in the EU as well. But I know of several in the EU that make 6 figures and get 6 week off with a lot of other perks.
I know several in the oil and gas careers here in America with the same benefits and set up. It's not just in the EU.

Sent from watch
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment