Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 12:00 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,182,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTarge13 View Post
Job hunting is a very frustrating task. Good Luck in you search.

I have been involved in hiring a number of people over the last 20+ years and can only suggest you prepare carefully. Videotaping mock interviews is a good way to work on the interview part. Review the videotapes yourself and have others whose opinion you trust review them as well.

You should definitely do your research ahead of time and prepare questions for the interviewer ahead of time.
Great advice Videotaping mock interviews.. Takes preparation for the interview to a whole new level.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:05 AM

1,006 posts, read 2,213,988 times
The recruiter may have loved you and even thought you were the best candidate she/he had ever seen. She may have pitched you as meeting all requirements, having a great education and work history and being the greatest person she/he ever met. But the recruiter doesn't hire, they simply present you after screening thousands of people. The hiring manager may have had a bad day and just didn't like something as simple as the font on your resume. But unfortunately, it is the hiring managers decision no matter how much the recruiter liked you. Don't fault the recruiters as they are your best friends in many cases.

Old 08-16-2013, 10:36 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,974,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnowerOfThings View Post
What's the point of even trying? I don't know why I waste my time.
  • Recruiter from the state in which the company is headquartered calls me, tells me the hiring manager liked my resume and wants to talk to me.
  • Arrange phone interview with the hiring manager the following day.
  • She calls me -- very polite, talks about the company, asks me some technical questions and gives me an assignment of some code she'd like me to email her (very simple assignment).
  • I do her assignment and also email back the recruiter who wanted me check in after the interview.
  • Recruiter says "Thanks for the feedback. Sounds promising."
  • Next morning, the usual denial email from the recruiter. "Thank you for taking the time to interview, and learn more about Predixion Software. I regret to inform you that you have not been selected for the position. If anything changes, we'll be in touch. The team enjoyed getting to know you, appreciates your interest, and wishes you all the best with your career."
Blah blah. I'm sick of getting my hopes up. Do recruiters have some sadistic tendency to give candidates false optimism? From now on I'm not taking seriously any leads I feel I have.

They are expected to fill slots and will use as many applicants as possible so that can be achieved. You are not the only one competing for the job so you just have to think what you can do better and get ready for the next interview

Old 08-16-2013, 12:04 PM

23,496 posts, read 23,955,758 times
There are a lot of people out there looking for jobs and a lot of competition. Keep at it, one day, the note from the recruiter will be a positive one.

"If you don't go up to the plate and bat, you will never hit one."

Old 08-16-2013, 12:33 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,329,310 times
Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.