Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 01:23 PM

7 posts, read 45,245 times

Advertisements

I have definitely learned a life-long lesson from all this. I definitely got off easy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2013, 01:23 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,075,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alywag View Post
Just talked to HR. I was told to watch my language and be aware of what I say in the presence of others. Didn't have to sign anything, just a verbal warning.

Coincidentally, the old bat is being moved to another building next week.

To the majority of you, thanks for the advice and support. For the rest, be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. You have never been perfect, either.

Whew. You dodged a bullet. I hope you know that ! ? ?

Take what you learned away from this experience and use it to be a better employee. I suspect your boss saved your behind, and used the whole episode to get rid of the old bat. Don't forget, at the appropriate time, to sit with boss behind closed doors and thank him for making sure you weren't blind sided. You owe him one.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:33 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,991,972 times
Quote:
Just talked to HR. I was told to watch my language and be aware of what I say in the presence of others. Didn't have to sign anything, just a verbal warning.

To the majority of you, thanks for the advice and support. For the rest, be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. You have never been perfect, either.
Wow, you handled yourself very calmly. Great news! Makes me feel good to read that you weren't fired. Great life lessons!

Old 08-19-2013, 01:45 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Just read the update. Probation still runs for some time and I'm thinking if OP insists on calling the other employee an "old bat" that, well, she should keep her resume updated. There is a definite "attitude".

Can they pull my full tax return from a W-2?

Old 08-19-2013, 02:13 PM

7 posts, read 45,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Just read the update. Probation still runs for some time and I'm thinking if OP insists on calling the other employee an "old bat" that, well, she should keep her resume updated. There is a definite "attitude".

She is a nasty, spiteful woman and I'm glad that my HR department sees her that way as well. I definitely have an attitude towards those who are deserving of it. And my resume is always updated, so thank you for the constructive advice

Old 08-19-2013, 02:22 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,991,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

Um, I didn't see any attitude and I'm just happy that someone who admits to making mistakes won today~!

So the OP isn't a corporate drone, that doesn't mean that lessons weren't learned. We are all a work of progress. Cut her some slack. She actually seems like a caring and compassionate person who almost got railroaded.

That link also didn't really show anything alarming, but I may have missed something.

Old 08-19-2013, 02:23 PM

1,751 posts, read 3,688,178 times
I am so relieved for you! I've been targeted in the workplace by similarly dysfunctional people. It is never pretty.

Old 08-19-2013, 03:06 PM

3,010 posts, read 6,306,962 times
Quote:

Good to hear. Just chalk it up as a painful learning experience and move on. As I mentioned earlier, keep your personal stuff out of the workplace. Good luck

Old 08-19-2013, 04:00 PM

769 posts, read 976,771 times
Just keep stuff to yourself..this is a 2nd chance. Really..your 20s is where you can make those type of mistakes.

Old 08-19-2013, 04:11 PM

2,533 posts, read 3,100,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quitters_Win View Post
Oh dear this is what happens when you bring personal life into work life. NEVER EVER trust anyone at work EVER. You can be nice and play it cool but DON'T EVER let your guard down EVER. Your co-worker is 60+ so I'm assuming she feels her job is threatened by you? Are you guys doing the same type of work? Same position? I hope you have learned from your mistakes.

This can't be stressed enough. Co-workers are not ever your friends. Do not treat them as friends. Be only professional, friendly yes, but don't let anyone in. You know what I mean.

I'm sorry your father committed suicide. But to share that fact with anyone, outside of a therapist or family member, is utterly unfathomable.

By "swearing" I assume you mean the f* word? That shows you to be an immature 20-something that needs to revamp her style for the workplace. Really, you should know better once you have a desk job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment