Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 10:28 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,990,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alywag View Post
I missed all these posts yesterday because I thought I'd get emails about them.

I'm at work today, the crazy old bat isn't here so I don't think she's coming in. Yes, it was stupid of me to trust someone. No, I'm not young, meek or stupid. Yes, my life has been a trainwreck the last five years but some of your comments are just mean. The corporate culture here is just bizarre. I've never had an issue before. Her 60 years of life have been more of a trainwreck than my 28, and she told me all about every year of her 60 years of life, so it was no way a one-sided street.

I do not believe that she told HR about the valium, because she accepted it from me after she told me how much she enjoys vicodin. My supervisor did not mention that it was one of the things she brought up. I will deny that anyways because there's no way she can prove it, or anything she said to be frank.

She works 50% for my department as an admin, so we're not even on the same level. She can't stand my boss or my boss's boss, so she just might be looking to hurt the department because we are incredibly busy and they need me. HR is aware of her being a "tattler" because she goes to them about everything.

I'll let you all know how it goes. No word from HR yet. I'll apologize for the swearing, but everything else is probably a fabrication of the truth.
Argh....I hope you aren't using the company's computer to respond to these posts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2013, 11:01 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Consider that the OP's only other CD post is about getting fired from a different job ...

OP, you are worrying about the wrong things.

Crazy or not, this woman would not have been able to make any kind of list had you been an exemplary employee.

You can only control YOUR behavior. Time to start.

Last edited by BirdieBelle; 08-19-2013 at 11:10 AM.. Reason: Typo

Old 08-19-2013, 11:17 AM

7 posts, read 45,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kharing View Post
Argh....I hope you aren't using the company's computer to respond to these posts!
Definitely not.

Old 08-19-2013, 11:30 AM

639 posts, read 1,963,167 times
Everything the OP listed has been normal in almost every work environment I've been in. It is normal for two female coworkers to discuss their gyno appointments with each other. It is normal for employees to curse (when they are not in front of clients!) It is normal for the company to provide snacks for their employees (and if everyone is eating them, they aren't just for the clients). The only problem here is the Valium, which I doubt the co-worker will admit to because it will get her in more trouble than the OP.

OP, when you have the meeting, just stay professional, don't bring up the Valium or anything else unless they mention it first, don't get defensive. If HR says, "Tonya the Tattletale told us you told her graphic details of your gyno appointment and it made her uncomfortable" Respond, "she was telling me about her daughter's gyno appointment in detail so I thought it was something she was comfortable talking about. I didn't know it bothered her, I'm sorry and will make sure not to talk about things of that nature in the future, and I wish she felt she could have told me directly she was uncomfortable."

Rinse and repeat with every complaint. "I'm sorry she feels uncomfortable when I shut my office door, I wish she could have told me directly" etc. etc.

Old 08-19-2013, 12:30 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,292,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndTiggerToo View Post
Oh my. Where to start? Denying it all is just going to cause issues. OP DID the things that the person listed on the complaint. She can deny all she wants, but the second ONE other person can corroborate a single thing the old woman said, OP will be branded a liar...which would be accurate.

Accusing someone else of theft. Nice. Fantastic. Good to know that you think the solution to get out of a jam is to FALSELY implicate another. Guessing it goes without saying why this is not ok.

There is nothing here that is gross misconduct, so please understand what that actually means before discussing UI benefits.

And, amazing, you want OP to not only lie but to completely undermine ALL MORAL INTEGRITY by then lying in front of the other person? Wow.

You are sure right when you say people are capable of anything as what you want OP to do is off the rails.
What about the valium?

Old 08-19-2013, 12:47 PM

769 posts, read 976,609 times
I learned my lesson in my 20's to keep my personal life outside of work. It can be used against you and taken out of context.

IF you don't lose your job take it as a learning experience and change your ways.

Old 08-19-2013, 12:56 PM

7 posts, read 45,240 times
Just talked to HR. I was told to watch my language and be aware of what I say in the presence of others. Didn't have to sign anything, just a verbal warning.

Coincidentally, the old bat is being moved to another building next week.

To the majority of you, thanks for the advice and support. For the rest, be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. You have never been perfect, either.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:02 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,292,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alywag View Post
Just talked to HR. I was told to watch my language and be aware of what I say in the presence of others. Didn't have to sign anything, just a verbal warning.

Coincidentally, the old bat is being moved to another building next week.

To the majority of you, thanks for the advice and support. For the rest, be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. You have never been perfect, either.
Glad to hear you are not getting fired or a write up!

Great news she's being moved away from you!

Old 08-19-2013, 01:08 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,420,544 times
Good for you. This isn't probably the first time she has complained to HR about other workers. HR probably regards her like the mean old lady that calls the police on everyone for minor crap and responded by rolling their eyes and giving you a polite reminder just so they could say they did someting about it.

Unless someone is really making your working life terrible what normal person goes to HR to tatle on a coworker. This isn't kindergarten and being a tattle tail is definately not being a team player.

All the same only talk about the most benign things about your personal life if it all. Don't give anything juicy or scandelous or significantly private.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:19 PM

5,020 posts, read 7,444,244 times
Great news OP!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment