Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 01:14 PM

179 posts, read 261,699 times

Advertisements

A/P is detailed work, nothing is complicated at all. When you process the invoices and booking entries, if you are not sure about which codes, go back old records and look at what people did under the same vendors, departments, who orders those stuff etc .. to figure out the answers or just repeat what they did in the past. Pay attention to every detail, double check. I'm sure you will eliminate many problems. A/P is bored, no challenge. Try to finish your daily work and learn something new or interesting to move on, and get rid of A/P.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2013, 07:12 PM

69 posts, read 176,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy2011 View Post
A/P is detailed work, nothing is complicated at all. When you process the invoices and booking entries, if you are not sure about which codes, go back old records and look at what people did under the same vendors, departments, who orders those stuff etc .. to figure out the answers or just repeat what they did in the past. Pay attention to every detail, double check. I'm sure you will eliminate many problems. A/P is bored, no challenge. Try to finish your daily work and learn something new or interesting to move on, and get rid of A/P.

The problem is that the old records are wrong, and I dont know if you have worked in housing construction before what is done with one community/sub-division does not necessarily translate to another one currently being constructed, so its a little tricky.

I really dont like AP its boring and busy work but its my first job in Accounting, I am looking for something different and challenging once i get 6 months of experience under my belt, also my company is a new and growing so my position will continue to expand and add more duties.

Old 09-17-2013, 12:47 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,594,883 times
Do you have access to the chart of accounts? Try to identify your most "troubling" account strings. Make a cheat-sheet if that helps in your case. Go to your boss and say, I'd really like to master this and make no mistakes, what could you recommend to help me learn the decision making process as to which account string to use?

Surely they can't expect to memorize every possible account string for every situation after 3 months. I've been an accountant for 16 years--at my current job for 14 and DAILY I consult with other accountants on coding questions/decisions....and we sometimes include our boss (the CFO) in our discussions.

I doubt this Manager will ever realize that by fostering a learning environment, they would be setting you up to do an excellent job and be proficient at your job. They seem like they want to make themselves look big and make you look small/incompetent. So sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment