Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2013, 02:44 PM

137 posts, read 119,449 times

Advertisements

As I previously posted, I'm on my boss' *hit list. Recently, she hired a person to supposedly "help" me and everyone else in the department, but of course the only person she's "helping" is me. This is a one person job and I've been doing it for 7 years without any help.

So I'm showing her my job. I really don't have a problem with her replacing me. She's making mistakes, but I haven't made an issue of it.

Today, I get a call from one of our insurance payors. There was a discrepancy on a client who was admitted into our Detox unit and was then transferred to our Rehab unit, however the insurance only had authorized for a Detox stay. After I got off the phone with the insurance, I called the intake coordinator and she said "I sent the new girl an email and told her that since we couldn't get authorization for Rehab, to just go ahead and bill it out as a Detox stay since the Detox rate is higher and now since she billed out the Rehab stay, we're not gonna get paid for those days."

This is wrong on so many levels, I'm not even going to get started. When I asked the new girl about it, she said "Oh, well YOU billed it out." Actually, she had billed it out the way they wanted, but the claim was rejected and when I looked in the chart, I rebilled it as x detox days and x rehab days. THE RIGHT WAY.

So I'm literally sick to my stomach. No need in me going to the CFO about it, because she's already demonstrated to me that she has no problem with things like this, as long as the bottom line looks good.

I'm desperately looking for another job, but I can't even seem to get an interview lined up. This is a hot mess.

Last edited by Ms. Anony Mous; 09-17-2013 at 02:47 PM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2013, 03:11 PM

3,082 posts, read 5,438,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Anony Mous View Post
As I previously posted, I'm on my boss' *hit list. Recently, she hired a person to supposedly "help" me and everyone else in the department, but of course the only person she's "helping" is me. This is a one person job and I've been doing it for 7 years without any help.

So I'm showing her my job. I really don't have a problem with her replacing me. She's making mistakes, but I haven't made an issue of it.

Today, I get a call from one of our insurance payors. There was a discrepancy on a client who was admitted into our Detox unit and was then transferred to our Rehab unit, however the insurance only had authorized for a Detox stay. After I got off the phone with the insurance, I called the intake coordinator and she said "I sent the new girl an email and told her that since we couldn't get authorization for Rehab, to just go ahead and bill it out as a Detox stay since the Detox rate is higher and now since she billed out the Rehab stay, we're not gonna get paid for those days."

This is wrong on so many levels, I'm not even going to get started. When I asked the new girl about it, she said "Oh, well YOU billed it out." Actually, she had billed it out the way they wanted, but the claim was rejected and when I looked in the chart, I rebilled it as x detox days and x rehab days. THE RIGHT WAY.

So I'm literally sick to my stomach. No need in me going to the CFO about it, because she's already demonstrated to me that she has no problem with things like this, as long as the bottom line looks good.

I'm desperately looking for another job, but I can't even seem to get an interview lined up. This is a hot mess.
Get as much exercise as you can, it'll help with the stress. Keep applying for new jobs and put the word out on the street that you're looking.

This is all you can do at this point. I wish you the best!

Old 09-17-2013, 03:37 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,303,161 times
Can you frustrate them by telling the girl that you don't need any help and direct her to help someone else? Or every task you teach her, leave something vital out or teach it to her wrong? Or give her totally stupid things to do ... like just make up nonsense things? How about quietly take old files and make stacks of papers and have her photocopy them? It must be horrible for you to train your own replacement how to do your own job so you can end up unemployed! They have some nerve making you do that! A normal place would train the new hire, not blatantly put the person they are going to fire through it. I hope you find a new position soon!

Old 09-18-2013, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkie View Post
Get as much exercise as you can, it'll help with the stress. Keep applying for new jobs and put the word out on the street that you're looking.

This is all you can do at this point. I wish you the best!
Thanks! Great advice!

Old 09-18-2013, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Can you frustrate them by telling the girl that you don't need any help and direct her to help someone else? Or every task you teach her, leave something vital out or teach it to her wrong? Or give her totally stupid things to do ... like just make up nonsense things? How about quietly take old files and make stacks of papers and have her photocopy them? It must be horrible for you to train your own replacement how to do your own job so you can end up unemployed! They have some nerve making you do that! A normal place would train the new hire, not blatantly put the person they are going to fire through it. I hope you find a new position soon!
Thanks for the support and advice! I certainly hope I find something else soon too. This may be my opportunity to pursue what I really want to do. I'm thinking about doing some freelance consulting work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment