Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 08:42 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times

Advertisements

Nuthin' says "narcissistic entitlement" and "it's all about ME", more than "self expression" that doesn't tolerate any disagreement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2013, 08:46 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,733,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Nuthin' says "narcissistic entitlement" and "it's all about ME", more than "self expression" that doesn't tolerate any disagreement.
Lol so we are damned if we do and damned if we don't!

If we get tattoos to show them off we are "attention seeking trash" but if we get them for ourselves we are "narcissistic". Talk about circular reasoning.

Old 09-22-2013, 08:47 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,144,871 times
Give it another generation. There will only be a minority left that even gives it a second thought.

Old 09-22-2013, 09:35 PM

20 posts, read 72,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Let me be blunt and give you my opinion.

I'm 65, have been in the work force for 50 years and for over half those years I owned a company and did the hiring myself.

Only a drunken fool or idiot would get a tattoo. Whenever I see a tattoo I see low class and stupidity because how could anyone spend a lot of money to get what is basically a third world tribal scar they can never take off?

You come to me for a job sporting a $500 tattoo and you expect me to believe you would be a good steward with my money? I am happy you think you have valuable "skilz" but you come into my office sporting a tattoo chances are you will leave without a job.

Tattoo's, the most stupid thing a young person can possibly do to themselves.
I have never paid $500 for a tattoo. Actually, not even half of that.

Old 09-22-2013, 09:38 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,481,533 times
I know people that have over 1k on their sleeve, and there's more than a few. Same people with credit card debt too.

Old 09-22-2013, 09:40 PM

2,845 posts, read 6,013,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter Cup View Post
I have never paid $500 for a tattoo. Actually, not even half of that.
Neither have I. Both my tattoos cost me $60 each. I got one 6 years ago, and the other last year. So it definitely didn't break my bank to spend that sort of money. That equates to spending less than $4/year of my life for my two tattoos. I definitely have spent more on jewelry and makeup and clothes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
I know people that have over 1k on their sleeve, and there's more than a few. Same people with credit card debt too.
Pretty sure that's the exception and not the norm. In my experience I've only known a few people in my life who have 1 or 2 full sleeves.

Old 09-22-2013, 09:47 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
I have no issues with tats...fine, whatever, have a full sleeve. Who cares?

But, employees with body piercings? I was at a fast food place the other day, and literally, my stomach turned, when the girl taking my order, had some sort of piercing thing in her lower lip, with spikes coming out of her chin. It made me ill. I was so repulsed, I could not order the food I originally came in for, all I needed was a Coke to my nausea.

I wonder if the manager has any idea how these body piercing affect some customers?

Old 09-22-2013, 09:50 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
I had my own answer. However, I wanted to hear what other people had to say. I have tattoos but I would never go into an interview with them showing. I still don't understand if you're not a receptionist or someone who has to see customers or clients, why tattoos would someone from getting a job.

You should have done a search and read the thousand "other" threads about this topic, no need to start a new one.

Old 09-22-2013, 09:56 PM

20 posts, read 72,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You should have done a search and read the thousand "other" threads about this topic, no need to start a new one.
I probably would have had I been a bit more familiar with the site. This is only my third post. I see that I can search a topic. Thanks for sharing your concern.

Old 09-22-2013, 10:04 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,144,871 times
Quote:
I probably would have had I been a bit more familiar with the site. This is only my third post. I see that I can search a topic. Thanks for sharing your concern.
If you really want to be entertained search for it in the fashion and beauty forum. Comes up about once a week or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment