Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 05:17 PM

361 posts, read 922,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by limbo24 View Post
...would you leave a 1 year old alone in a room unattended for hours? If the answers is no, which it should be, you should have enough common sense to know not to leave a kid locked up in the car. this guy clearly didn't care about what happened to his kid....or was being all positive hoping nothing would happen because he was putting his work before the short term safety of his blood...
You're supposed to put your kid to bed in his or her room at three months old. That's 8 hours a night alone at least. I can't see how another 8 would hurt - provided it's not in someplace patently dangerous like a car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2013, 05:17 PM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughbay View Post
I keep seeing "just get day care" in this thread. Day care is expensive. Telling someone to "get day care" is like telling them to "get a mortgage".

I agree leaving a baby in a car is dangerous. I could see leaving them at home though. They did it all the time in the olden days.

Some people really can't afford day care.
Leave a 1 yr old alone in a house for 8+ hours? Sure they can feed and change themselves or let them go
hungry and wallow in their filth like an animal?

Old 09-22-2013, 05:21 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,134,517 times
Quote:
Where did I even suggest that this is the employers fault lol?

Sure there are hazards but those are just things we'll have to learn to live with. You say we should cut welfare to poor families but on the other hand want to punish them for taking the drastic measures that are necessary to put food on the table. Seems slightly unfair to me. I think what many people seem to want here is for poor people to just not have babies at all. That kind of moralizing is for the pulpit - not for law or policy. You can't preach against what is human nature and expect to get anywhere.
Have you read the OP's posts in this thread? This thread is about how horrible the employer is. Your posts appear to support the employee which is in line with the OP.

The rest of your post is offtopic.

Old 09-22-2013, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Ethics has nothing to do with it. Leave a one year old home alone for 8 hours and you could very well come home to a dead child.
Yep, and that's a risk we'll have to learn to live with. Folks need to stop making laws over everything they think is dangerous or unwholesome. What the poor have to do to put bread on the table - yeah, I think that falls into the none-of-your-f-ing-business category. Go worry about yourself and your own darn family and leave other people alone.

Children use to be left alone all day while mom and dad plowed the fields. Guess what, civilization continued on somehow.

Old 09-22-2013, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Have you read the OP's posts in this thread? This thread is about how horrible the employer is. Your posts appear to support the employee which is in line with the OP.

Lol, no I can't see how this would be an employers fault. I agree, that would be crazy.

Old 09-22-2013, 05:29 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
It fits here too, as it also highlights the severity of our jobs crisis.

That said...

Who the hell are you to judge this man?

You don't know this guy. In fact, I think it's a pretty safe to say that you have never experienced whatever struggle he is/was experiencing.

No sane person would WANT this for their child. However, the man did what he felt he had to do, as clearly no one was coming to his rescue to help him out.

I hope the baby is able to recover and that things will get better for the father. I also hope any business owners out here who overwork and underpay their employees feel at least some guilt after this incident.
Only the OWS dingbats could turn neglectful parenting into some kind of stupid political statement.

Old 09-22-2013, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Leave a 1 yr old alone in a house for 8+ hours? Sure they can feed and change themselves or let them go
hungry and wallow in their filth like an animal?
That's how it was done for all of history up until a hundred years ago or so. Guess what, civilization continued on somehow.

Old 09-22-2013, 05:30 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
That's how it was done for all of history up until a hundred years ago or so. Guess what, civilization continued on somehow.
You need to take more history classes.

Old 09-22-2013, 05:35 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
Quote:
Great sermon Reverend Falwell.

However, the fact remains that people will continue having sex and sex can lead to children. Good luck changing human nature. Might be kind of difficult.
And the rest of us will continue to pay for them via our taxes, and our time.

I hope YOU enjoy supporting this kind of cretin lifestyle. Frankly I am sick of it. They need to have the human equivalent for animal shelters for people who cannot control themselves and end up affecting decent people with their sub-human behavior.

20yrsinBranson

Old 09-22-2013, 05:36 PM

29,817 posts, read 24,898,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post

Perhaps you should PM the OP if you would like a further explanation for her logic? I'm sure many others are curious to learn more as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events